First Annual Tim Cantwell Mid-Winter Track Day 2/12/10

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I told many of you during the Rally IV that I was trying to set-up a track day during the mid-winter for our group. After several meetings and a couple days in Vegas, my good friend Doug Tabbut at Switchcars.com at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch has helped me to put together a great event for our group. We have Februrary 12th, 2010 reserved for a group of us to take part in a very exclusive track day and instructional school for the GT's. My goal was to put together a nice event that was: 1. Fun, 2. High Quality, 3. Economical (Good Value), and 4. Low-key and relaxing. I think we have it nailed. We have what I consider to be the most exclusive track and country club amenities/facilities in the world at an unbelievable rate on Friday followed by Cars and Coffee and a special drive for us on Saturday. The only thing that remains to be nailed down is the hotel. My criteria for lodging is five-star quality, easy trailer parking with low traffic to and from the track and the Cars and Coffee event, at reasonable rates. The official hotel is the Palm Place, an all-suites hotel with easy access to the track and highway, close to the strip and secure, patrolled, reserved parking for our cars.

Doug at Switchcars is hosting this exclusive track event with me by invitation only, here are the details that are currently worked out.

Festivities begin Thursday night (Feb 11) with a five-star dinner on the Strip at Zeffirino locate at the Canal Shoppes at the Venetian.
($68 per head alcoholic beverages extra)

Friday, February 12th, 2010 at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch – a private, members-only track.

Here’s what will be on the docket for the weekend:
• Dinner on the strip Thursday night
• Track day Friday on the 2.7mile Spring Mountain Road Course
• Catered lunch at Switchcars showroom (gourmet meal, not peanut butter!)
• Cocktail hour and pool party at the Ultra-lux Spring Mountain Clubhouse
• Racquetball, and poker tournament
• Dinner at the local Winery on Friday for an additional $58 per head average. (see the link below, it is surprisingly wonderful!)
• Cars & Coffee and a drive on Saturday

What will be available on-site:
• Private instructors
• Access to clubhouse with internet, pool, spa, and fitness facilities
• Masseuse on staff for the day
• Discounts on driving schools, memberships, etc.
• Lotus and Corvette rentals (for those who might be flying out)

Cost for the track event is $175 per driver, $199 for driver w/guest, and $35 for each additional non-driving guest or spectators for meals and access to the facilities. Note that you can bring multiple cars per driver at no additional cost. Bring your wife or significant other, the facilities are FIVE-STAR!!!

Price includes track day registration, lunch, and cocktails.

Please let me know if you are interested by posting a response to this thread. If you want to formally give me your RSVP to reserve a spot (no money is required now.) send me a private message "TimCantwell". Note that SPACE IS LIMITED!! Once I wrap up all the details, I'll send out your information packet and give you instructions on payment for the track day and hotel reservations code. This is a "non-profit" event that would otherwise cost thousands for an individual to enjoy on their own. Please try to make it, but we will have to limit the number to be sure those who come get the track time and instruction they need. In the meantime, check out the links below to see the fabulous video of the 2.7 mile layout (ideal or high HP cars like the GT!), the winery, etc.

Link to Spring Mountain:

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

Track Video:

http://www.reversetv.net/videos.asp?cat=1&vid=14

http://www.reversetv.net/videos.asp?cat=1&vid=17

Link to winery:

http://www.pahrumpwinery.com/index.htm

Link to Switchcars.com

www.switchcars.com

Here's who is coming from the Ford GT Forum so far... (As of 11/26/09)

TimCantwell
Garrett Cantwell
PL510*Jeff
TeamJeff
ChipBeck
AZSTAD
HeritageBruce
GTX1-007
MDT
MarkMcGowan
GT Tech
Apollo
Fyr-ftrGT
JBG
fjpikul
IndyGT
Gordn Wolf
sdana

Attachments

• Winery Photo.jpg
    Winery Photo.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 706
  • accommodations.jpg
    accommodations.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Crap Tim,

You are the funmeister.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Tim-- Wow sounds like a great event. I will have just come back from very stressful vacation on beaches of Costa Rica:banana. Man --what a bummer. I do look forward to the following year though. Enjoy!!

Manny

Last edited:

switchcars

May 23, 2006
woohoo! Can't wait Tim.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
pm sent

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Can't wait!

Tim,

As long as you won't be offering us any "Special" Pretzels, Veronica and I will be there. Sounds like a great event!! Thanks for putting this together. :cheers PM sent.

Chip

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Looks like fun !!!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
:thumbsup

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Tim,
Monica and I might be interested also. I will follow up with you to make sure we can attend.
Sincerely,
Terry

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, who wants to get a transport together to go to this? I just can't see driving to Vegas during the month of February.

Aug 25, 2006
This looks to be a well thought out wonderful venue

Takes care

Shadowman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'm bummed out !! Thats the week of school vacation ! I'll be in Florida with familly

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I'm bummed out !! Thats the week of school vacation ! I'll be in Florida with familly

Sorry you can't make it Ron!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I have six RSVP reservations so far for the event! FUN, FUN!

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
TIM - SIGN ME UP! Would love to get April there if we can arrange care for our kids in PHX.

I'm going to email you on accommodations, etc.

AWESOME!!!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hi Tim,
Monica and I might be interested also. I will follow up with you to make sure we can attend.
Sincerely,
Terry

We hope you both can make it!!!:banana

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
TIM - SIGN ME UP! Would love to get April there if we can arrange care for our kids in PHX.

I'm going to email you on accommodations, etc.

AWESOME!!!

We certainly are counting on you to be there!!

H

HHGT

Tim, not sure I will make it yet, will not know till early January. I can help out with a transport company - a great friend that transports most of the new Ferraris and Lambos.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Tim,
Please count me and a passenger in but we may not be able to make the Thursday evening dinner as I plan on leaving LA after work Thursday evening for Vegas. This sounds like great fun. I may not bring my GT if it is ok for me to take the Viper ACR instead.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim,
Please count me and a passenger in but we may not be able to make the Thursday evening dinner as I plan on leaving LA after work Thursday evening for Vegas. This sounds like great fun. I may not bring my GT if it is ok for me to take the Viper ACR instead.

I might try to get my ACR to the track too! Glad you can make it. Please shoot me a PM to RSVP so I can track our responses. Thanks!