Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats and I like the wheels.

Reactions: Enzo101

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations! Welcome to B. E. S. T. forum on planet! Enjoy her! Be Safe!

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Congratulations! Yes, that feeling of "do I really own this car?" is awesome! Enjoy!!!!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Perfect color combo on a great car. Drive it and enjoy it!

Welcome!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Congratulations and be careful! I too have swapped ends (no harm/foul) by adding throttle without being straight.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Congrats on your new GT. I remember picking up my Excursion in 2005 and seeing one on the showroom floor. Out of my budget…. But never out of my mind…. Fast forward I finally reached my goal and purchased one…. 10,000 miles and going we love the car and have driven 13 hours straight in it…. Never gets old.. enjoy. Hope to meet you at a Rally..

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Isn't it amazing how much joy a certain Ford can bring?! Congrats! It looks like you got a great one! (y) 🍻 :cool:

I didn't cry, but I definitely had that HO LEE CRAP! I OWN THIS?!? feeling ... and still do (y)

ps Hey, with those wheels, is it still considered a 4-option car? 😁
Lol it is. I'm getting a set of HRE's later on.

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Straight to a Heffner turbo car?

You don't mess around.
I originally wanted stock but the deal was too good to turn down. Gives me something to grow into though.

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Nice car enjoy the ride! But, would you look at the price of the Gas! At that price they are giving it away.
One of the perks of living in Arkansas. That and the mosquitos are so big they're easy to hit.

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Alright rookie, a stock GT is hard enough to learn to handle, but a twin turbo is even more dangerous. The are lots of driving tips here on this Forum, but remember, do not punch it with the steering wheel turned. The back end loves to come around and then you hit something to stop you. Do not make yourself a statistic here. Enjoy it but be CAREFUL.
Thank you very much for looking out for me! I spent the last few months combing the forum for tips. I'm way to scared of it to even think about punching it. Thank you again for looking out!

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Heed this notice!

It's sometimes difficult to remember the "don't accelerate in a turn", especially when you are exiting your subdivision or a gas station onto a busy street! But remember, those turns on cold tires and pavement and the tendency for the car to unhook are reason to be cautious until you have a feel for the car!

Remember, you got no nannies. When I did one of the Bondurant schools the instructor encouraged us to leave the nannies on for a while. Then said "and when the nanny saves your but, remember what you did and don't do that again". And pretty soon you got the feel for the car and your combined "limits". LIke Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations". Without nannies to help and remind you, just be careful.

Oh yeah, tires. If it's still got the original Goodyears ditch them today and get the Bridgestones. The Bridgestones are a little stickier when cold so help alot.
Thank you for looking out for me as well! It has 4s's on it now which are awesome! I've yet to nail it or anything and probably won't for a very long time. I spent most of my childhood-teens as a motorcycle racing instructor with my dad so I have some understanding thankfully. Hoping to do a track day at Hallett soon so I can test it in a safe environment. Thank you again!

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Is that a right-hand drive car?
🤣

(Pic of you and wife is digitally reversed).
Pic was reversed for some reason.

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! So happy to be part of the group.

Reactions: 2112 and extrap

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Congratulations on your new GT. It is very special. Put a ton of miles on it. It’s beautiful in white.

Shiney side up.

Enjoy.

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
Congratulations Garrett. Similar timing on the purchase, although it will be a bit before I get to enjoy mine.
-Barrett

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Nice score on the bumper delete!

+1 on that. Looks straight off the race track with the delete. Enjoy!