FGT vs Turbo S PDK

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
STORMCAT,
You the man.When I make it home I`d bet my buddies Turbo S is gone. And as I recall it was from a dead stop.But it really doesn`t matter
I`m sitting here in this world of shit and all that seemed to come to my mind was going fast then I thought of our conversation, and how lucky we really are
just to be able to have what we have and then argue who has the fastest what ever.I have everything I need and couple of things I want.So all is well with me tonight
we`ll see about tomorrow. MB

Well.. first let me say I hope you make it thru your tour unscathed. And than I need to tell you some sad news.. your memory is fading !! :biggrin.. I have never or will never race any one from a dead stop in the GT. it's just to hard on the drive train. I would never make that statement,,, keep your head down and close to your body,, come back safely and I'll show you what Helenor's got :thumbsup

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
Sal ,
I think we know each other from PCA Club racing.

Very possible , with PCA since 1988,
send me a PM , we can talk about ..........

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
A local guy here, Bryant, has a 996 GT2 putting down 1200+whp.. he also runs a UGR TT Gallardo R package (> 1500whp) that pwned everyone at TX2K12.

He said the Porsche 'feels' faster because of the hit, though it's not.

Remember the days when 500bhp was 'a monster'.. LOL

I agree the turbo hit feels faster, but it's not. It's a scary thrill when they spool, but it doesn't happen long enough to keep them ahead of big HP cars. The boost dump and rebuild process at every shift kills time. The amount of time spent at boost and really high power levels is compromised in the motor with such small displacement.

That's why the PDK is so amazing. It doesn't lift the throttle and dump off boost like the manual at the shifts. It makes up a tenth or two at every shift. Porsche makes a killer fast car, but it still looks and drives like any Porsche made in the last 10 years. They are fast and cool, but not all that special. That's why I have one as my daily driver. Under the radar car that embarrasses most punks.

Otis

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
.........I have never, and will never race any one from a dead stop in the GT. It's just to hard on the drive train........

+1 on that Brian. I'll run my car on a track and at the Mile but I'm not going to dump the clutch from a dead stop.

Chip

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
....That's why I have one as my daily driver. Under the radar car that embarrasses most punks.

Otis

Same way I feel about my X5M :)

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I beat up on a lot of cars in my X5M... here is mine running in the 11's....

[video=youtube;xEFLxRn4jPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEFLxRn4jPU[/video]

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
any #'s on your PDK? HP gains, 1/4 mile or 60-130?

I have a 997.2 PDK with all the same options as the S. The S is just a tune file compared with a normal PDK. When my 997.2 was stock I killed a GT500KR with 725rwhp with drag tires. From a roll a dig and everywhere in-between. And that was stock. I was surprised, the 997 with PDK flies! I just picked up my PDK from EVO with a full upgrade to a EVT 650 with EVT700 turbos. On the street this thing would be hard to beat from a dig or roll. It would take a full mile for a big pwr car to beat. LOVE my PDK!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Just skip the 1/4 mile and do the mile events, not too many Porsche of any kind even showing up. :lol
Hey who says Porsches dont run the mile?:willy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0P6VDQ1YDs

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
and that ^was about 300 whp ago:)

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
any #'s on your PDK? HP gains, 1/4 mile or 60-130?

Just picked my car up in AZ. Still here in AZ. When I drive back home I will be a mile high, but I will take her out to the drags and see what she runs. I know that EVO have run 10.60s with the normal 650.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Stock awhp was 470, now she is at 570awhp. Suppose to be more while cars is on street cause of sensors.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I've been considering the 911tt PDK, but just haven't seen any good numbers after the mods yet.... looking forward to seeing what yours does....

Just picked my car up in AZ. Still here in AZ. When I drive back home I will be a mile high, but I will take her out to the drags and see what she runs. I know that EVO have run 10.60s with the normal 650.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Google battle of Supercars EVO 911 vs turbo R8. It has Paul Tracy racing the R8. That car has stock turbos.

Last edited:

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I have a 2011 Turbo S, with a software flash, Tubi exhaust, and a BMC filter. Haven't been to the strip in it yet, but even my TT-FGT on Hoosiers would have its hands full with the Porsche up to about 80 mph. The PDK/AWD/rear weight bias is just amazing off the line. Above 100 mph, not so much, but then again, I'm jaded.

As an aside, 7th gear cruising RPM is about the same as a FGT....it's a relaxed cruiser, which you couldn't say about previous 911's.

Nice to hear EVO is starting to mod these direct injected motors....would love to upgrade mine soon.....

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Sanjay - sounds like you are having some fun !

I have a 2011 Turbo S, with a software flash, Tubi exhaust, and a BMC filter. Haven't been to the strip in it yet, but even my TT-FGT on Hoosiers would have its hands full with the Porsche up to about 80 mph. The PDK/AWD/rear weight bias is just amazing off the line. Above 100 mph, not so much, but then again, I'm jaded.

As an aside, 7th gear cruising RPM is about the same as a FGT....it's a relaxed cruiser, which you couldn't say about previous 911's.

Nice to hear EVO is starting to mod these direct injected motors....would love to upgrade mine soon.....

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I didn't know the PDK was a 7 speed. Cool.

Do you even own a car that doesn't have twin turbos on it? :lol (well, I'm guessing your AM Lagonda doesn't, ..................yet :wink)