FGT vs. SLR.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I've been watching videos of a black SLR over the past few months racing several FGT's both stock and modified (one with pulley and tune and the other with a whipple). In each instance the SLR literally walks away from the FGTs, what gives? My STOCK FGT feels faster than the SLR that I drove and when our fellow FGT owner Clax raced an SLR 722 it looked like this and this...

What gives?

Last edited:

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I would say someones bee tuning? wouldn't you think so?
Not sure who said it but, there will always be someone and something FASTER, ALWAYS

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Here's a quote from the slr owner...

"The FGT guys have a hard time believing Ive run 2 Ford Gts, one made 640rwhp, the other made 750rwhp. I raced the first one like 4 times from a roll, he lost each time. I raced the 750 rwhp on a roll once, he lost, on the street from a dead stop, he lost, and then he raced a Bike in front of me, where he got a good jump on me as I was behind, and he was not pulling away. Then we went to the dragstrip, where we raced once against one another, he lost. Although later that day he did end up putting up a faster time than I. Stock for stock, the SLr will RUIN the Ford Gt."

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Same driver in the GT that lost? :confused

It sure looked like the GT smoked the SLR in those posts you put up.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Same driver in the GT that lost? :confused

It sure looked like the GT smoked the SLR in those posts you put up.

The videos that I put up show a member here (clax) and an experienced race car driver driving the SLR 722, as you can see the SLR got spanked which is what I expected. Thats why I'm so surprised that the other SLR (not the one in the video) claims to be destroying FGT's! This is the car with the whipple that he claimed to have raced:

post-5-1193518334.jpg

Here is how the SLR vs FGT race went down according to the SLR owner:

"Now again, I dont want to hear from the Ford guys, that the race was staged, I was picking on him etc etc. He pulled up next to ME. We raced no less then 3 times.

We raced from a dead stop at a stoplight to approx 120mph, He didnt lose, he got destroyed.

We raced from a 40-50mph roll to again 120-130mph........... HE LOST "

Perhaps the FGT owner is here and can shed some light on what happened? I still maintain a stock FGT can beat an SLR, I can't understand these results.

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
This doesnt make any sense... Ive never seen an SLR trap over 130, and Ive never seen a pullied GT trap under 130. The only advantages the SLR has on the street are traction control and an automatic. Are there any videos of the 40-130mph runs? Doesnt an SLR make like 540rwhp and under 500rwtq?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Why bother...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The SLR IS TRUELY AN AWESOME CAR !
BUT I'M QUITE HAPPY WITH MY FORD THANX

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
The one SLR owner is claiming that the FGT he raced "lost" the drag race because he redlighted. The FGT was ahead the whole way, but dq'ed based on jumping the gun. So, that race tells me that the FGT owner screwed up, the SLR owner didn't. Doesn't tell me which car is faster.

I don't know what to make of this. I can't see an SLR beating a 650rwhp FGT, let alone one with 750, unless the FGT driver makes a mistake.

I know for sure that the only way I will lose to an SLR is if I screw up. And if so, big deal. The reality is that if I really wanted to run around the thump my chest, I would TT my car. But it really is fast enough, as is.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
If I was driving, I'd lose:lol
My wife however would spank it...:eek

Sounds like the FGT owner or driver doesn't know what he/she is doing or is missing gears.... Or just playing possum for a future payout later...:rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My V8 Gremlin will spank my little Whippled FGT.... that is why I am going with the BIG Whipple... more is better.
Merry Christmas

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Why bother...

Thats been my position for the last 8 months, I could really care less. I've just gotten sick of hearing how the SLR can beat a car that I know even in stock form is faster. Don't get me wrong, I could care less about drag racing, street racing etc, but I know what my car is capable of.

M

Mark O

The real question in this thread is this; Why is your left tail pipe croocked? :lol

post-5-1193518334.jpg

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
The real question in this thread is this; Why is your left tail pipe croocked? :lol

post-5-1193518334.jpg

More curious about the color of the pipe, what kind of gas do you use?

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
If I was driving, I'd lose:lol
My wife however would spank it...:eek

Sounds like the FGT owner or driver doesn't know what he/she is doing or is missing gears.... Or just playing possum for a future payout later...:rofl
There may be some truth to that possibility..I heard the FGT is owned by a guy named "Fast Eddie Felson"...:wink

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Im sure you are talking about AllanLambo. We already went over this. Dude is a retard. I offered to drive out to Arizona and race him.

His car makes less than 600rwhp and weighs way more than a GT. The only way he can win is if the GT wont hook up and the driver cant shift fast.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
SLRDYNO-1.jpg

Here is his before/after dyno with bpu mods. He claims to beat Whippled Ford GTs with the before dyno.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I say again, who cares. All I know is my car went 133mph in the quarter with 602rwhp, his went 127 with 534rwhp. If he thinks his car is faster than a car with 150rwhp more than mine, more power to him.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Why are we even talking about the SLR over here? I can find a $10,000 POS that will beat anything on the road. Doesnt mean its a better car, etc. There will always be a faster car. Instead of talk about it, which is what "SAID SLR DRIVER" wants everyone to do, tell the guy where he can find several people that would be willing to let him put his money where his mouth is. Otherwise, I feel it is useless to even talk about this subject. Sorry, dont mean to rant, but I have seen several discussions like this on other boards and they never amount to anything.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

P.S. I actually like the SLR. Wouldnt mind owning one myself, but I personally dont think the SLR would out perform a GT, stock or modified in anything other than COMFORT and STORAGE SPACE! :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry, dont mean to rant, but I have seen several discussions like this on other boards and they never amount to anything.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Ditto.