Feb. Houston Coffee & Cars

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
This was posted on their Facebook Page!!!!

Folks,

Due to the uncooperative nature of the Edwards MarqE property management, we will not be having a Cars & Coffee gathering this month. For those of you who attended our January gathering, I think you will agree it was one of the best we've ever had - both from the standpoint of the vehicles present, and also in terms of traffic management (and the virtual elimination of reckless driving). During the event, LA Fitness sold several memberships and is now an enthusiastic supporter, Red Robin offered to help not only with providing food and restrooms, but also with the costs of security. We felt we were on pretty solid ground with continuing the event at this site.

Not so. Without having attended either t he December or January gatherings, the property manager informed us that she's received numerous complaints and that we are no longer welcome. We made a very concerted effort to improve our gathering, but ultimately it was not enough to satisfy the MarqE management.

At this point we're in preliminary talks with a commercial site that has no retail space. Since the MarqE provided no amenities to us and we've had to coordinate that ourselves, we feel that a non-retail commercial location could free us from constantly coping with retail patron parking places. I will inform everyone as soon as I know any details.

If you have any feedback please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Regretfully,
Jorge Verdejo

Houston Coffee & Cars
www.houstoncac.com

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Thanks for the update. Hope a new location is set up soon.

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
What a shame - that was a cool, central location. The way the place was set up it was almost like there were sections/groups of like cars/clubs. I bought several snacks from the Panera and other places... Drove over from San Antonio just to see the event.

Bone heads! Maybe they are not getting their "cut" - only a petition from the business owners could possibly overturn their decision/position - but that's a lot of businesses in there.

Good luck - I'll make the drive to the new venue when you find one.

PS:

Do you all coordinate with Houston PD? They seemed to have all exits (freeways) well covered with active laser & radar after the event :rofl

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Irrational exuberance" (Greenspan) exibited by just a few has pulled the plug on more than one 'cruze' site 'round the country...and sometimes it doesn't even take that.

A Seattle area 'site was shut down because the discount store BESIDE the burger joint hosting the event constantly complained about spectators parking in their part of the shopping center parking lot...even though traffic IN their store was noticeably UP during the 'cruze' hours! (I actually made it a point to arrive a couple hours before the 'cruze' was supposed to start ("just because"), and I saw this for myself. There was hardly a SOUL who walked into the discount place BEFORE the event started...but, 10-20 customers were in the place almost constantly DURING the 'cruise' hours - and all but 2 or 3 of THEM were always wearing some kind of a car guy jacket or T-shirt! Go 'figger'...

fastzilla

Where's reverse?
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 17, 2010
San Antonio, TX
At this point we're in preliminary talks with a commercial site that has no retail space. [/url]

Would the event be changed to Cars & NO Coffee....or Cars Without Coffee....

I'm a huge supporter of C&C and any cruise is. I looked forward to Friday nights as a kid when my dad woud take me to Kellers or the like.

A funny protest would be to have it at the same place but have everyone line up in the drive thru line of the coffee shop on the property - "hey, we all needed coffee & we're all in line" - have the 1st guy in line placing the orders for everyone else. "Hey officer(s) we're just waiting on our cup" with a 200 car line snaked thru the parking lot clogging up all traffic in the shopping center.

I'm in for that! I'll guarantee you at least 10 cars from San Antonio to participate!

Last edited: