GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
LOL

"The ACO has orchestrated a FORD victory by accepting them when they are not legal, then playing with the BOP to give them a massive break."

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I read the whole thread and it is not bad on balance. A couple of whiners, but most of the comments are reasonable. A lot of heartfelt feelings for Toyota, which I echo, but as one said it is the 24 hours of LeMans, not the 23 hrs and 54 minutes. I am still in awe of the field and the low percentage of mechanical failures leading to DNFs. The fact that all Fords finished is a testament to the car and the EcoBoost built by Yates. Again, whoo hoo for Ford.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The mayor wasn't too kind.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
One guy was delusional saying the Risi car was winning the whole time. If you add back the stop and go that Ford did and the extra pit time probably from running a smaller tank Ford Killed Ferrari.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I read the whole thread and it is not bad on balance. A couple of whiners, but most of the comments are reasonable. A lot of heartfelt feelings for Toyota, which I echo, but as one said it is the 24 hours of LeMans, not the 23 hrs and 54 minutes. I am still in awe of the field and the low percentage of mechanical failures leading to DNFs. The fact that all Fords finished is a testament to the car and the EcoBoost built by Yates. Again, whoo hoo for Ford.

Yep. Lots of sympathy for Toyota. The usual Ford haters were still Ford haters. The Mayor is still a jerk. Nothing new there. Move along.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
The field of conspiracy theorists is alive and well both in the Ferrari and Corvette worlds.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Wrong thread.

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I posted my pic with Bill Ford in that F-chat thread, just to jack with them a bit :biggrin

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
One guy was delusional saying the Risi car was winning the whole time. If you add back the stop and go that Ford did and the extra pit time probably from running a smaller tank Ford Killed Ferrari.

Yeah, strategy played no part. :rolleyes

When the Risi car got passed into 2nd place, what could they do about it - NOTHING! The GT was superior. :eek

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
GT won the race. If anyone thinks otherwise they can go to hell

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
The entire idea of BoP is crazy anyway, they built a car within restrictions and that's all that matters.

This isn't Indy car racing.

Imagine if the GT-40 was disqualified in the 60's because it was unfair to the rest of the cars.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
In my Family's days of racing in the 60's with Carroll Shelby in a 62 Cobra and a 1965 Mustang GT350R #108 when you saw a Black Flag or Meatball aimed at you during a race brother you came in, off the track and talked with the stewards or you were disqualified immediately, regardless what lap you were on. What happened to the real racing rules everyone is expected to follow?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
In my Family's days of racing in the 60's with Carroll Shelby in a 62 Cobra and a 1965 Mustang GT350R #108 when you saw a Black Flag or Meatball aimed at you during a race brother you came in, off the track and talked with the stewards or you were disqualified immediately, regardless what lap you were on. What happened to the real racing rules everyone is expected to follow?

:agree:

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Reporter: So Ferrari, you had the same penalty as Ford only they served their penalty and you didn't. Should you be able to file a complaint?
Ferrari: Yes sir. They cheated.
Reporter: Ok. Would you please fill out our survey?
Ferrari: Absolutly!!
Reporter: Thanks...here it is...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 194

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
^lol. They had a blatant requirement to fix their leaderboard light AND they were also given a stop and go penalty for not coming in... yet they were allowed to keep their second place position. Their pace was right there with the Fords... it should have been a Ford 1-2-3 again.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Ford won first place, in racing no one remembers 2nd place. All whiners and sore losers... this way please to whine country...

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Apparently the BOP committee was not successful in getting all the teams to cross the finish line simultaneously.