Fasteners for Project 321 coil covers

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
UPDATE 3-6-2015: I picked up the parts this morning and they look very nice. Please go to post #13 to see what was done so far. I will be organizing a list of buyers this weekend and begin processing orders and shipping by 3-11 (Wednesday) as there is one more polishing step involved.

UPDATE 3-5-2015: I was not satisfied with the polishing on the fasteners and washers. I should have them done by tonight. I'll take orders as soon as everything is perfect!

UPDATE 3-2-2015: Please go to post #12 for parts list and cost.
NOTE: These fasteners are also fully compatible with the stock coil covers!

I had purchased a set of coil covers from Project 321. They look great however my fasteners had developed corrosion over the years. I purchased some stainless steel button (hex) head fasteners from McMaster Carr. I also used a really neat stainless steel belleville washer which has a rubber sealing washer underneath it. This should minimize water buildup under the fastener. If anyone is interested I can post a parts list. I also have quite a few in stock due to minimum quantity purchasing.

Thanks all,

Jay

Attachments

• IMAG1732_1.jpg
    IMAG1732_1.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 334
  • Ford GT coil cover with old and new fastener.jpg
    Ford GT coil cover with old and new fastener.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:

FRC

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2014
KY
Off topic but do you happen to have the part number for the ARP valve cover bolts?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
FRC,

Those were a one time custom run organized by one of our forum members (sorry, can't remember the name). It may be possible that a member had purchased a set and never installed them.

Good luck, Jay

Off topic but do you happen to have the part number for the ARP valve cover bolts?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If you have extras I'm interested in a set. PM me payment info shipping to 30215.
Thanks
gary

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
am interested as well. They look great.

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Count me in, I am interested in a set

JKR

GT Owner
I'll take a set, zip 33166

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Add me to the customer list.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Jay -

At least the increased volume from these guys will help pay the rather high shipping rates from McMaster-Carr.

Lately, I've been going to AlbanyCountyFasteners (albanycountyfasteners.com) for stainless and other hardware, as they have free shipping for orders over $25.00.

Ralphie

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
PM sent. In for a set

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I had purchased a set of coil covers from Project 321. They look great however my fasteners had developed corrosion over the years. I purchased some stainless steel button (hex) head fasteners from McMaster Carr. I also used a really neat stainless steel belleville washer which has a rubber sealing washer underneath it. This should minimize water buildup under the fastener. If anyone is interested I can post a parts list. I also have quite a few in stock due to minimum quantity purchasing.

Thanks all,

Jay

Jay, I'd like the parts numbers for the bolts and washers you have circled above. Thanks.

FRC,

Those were a one time custom run organized by one of our forum members (sorry, can't remember the name). It may be possible that a member had purchased a set and never installed them.

Good luck, Jay

Jay, I may be mistaken, but I believe you are remembering a one time special order that FENZO coordinated in Jul 2010. Those were for the bolts above your circle. Jer

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Updated part number on Item #2

Gentlemen:

Here is the parts list for the coil cover fasteners. These parts need to be polished! I will sell a set (4 pieces) of polished fasteners for $30 plus shipping. Later I will get the correct torque value for the fasteners since the sealing washer is a "Belleville" type of washer. Over tightening will "oil-can" the washer.

NOTE: I made a mistake on the part number for the sealing washer (Item #2)! The parts list is now correct. I am sorry for any problems this may of caused!

Ralphie, the site that you provided earlier didn't have a fastener long enough.

Thanks, Jay

Attachments

• Ford GT coil cover fasteners BOM.jpg
    Ford GT coil cover fasteners BOM.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
First polished sample

UPDATED 3-6-2015:

Gentlemen:

Here are the parts that were deburred in a vibratory bowl for about 20 hours. The shop would only permit their machine to run during working hours so it took three days to get things to this point. The washers no longer have sharp edges and the rubber seals look much cleaner! On Monday they will go through one more final polishing step to give the parts more luster!

Sorry for the delay however it's got to done correctly.

Attachments

• Ford GT coil cover production fastener array.jpg
    Ford GT coil cover production fastener array.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Ford GT coil cover production fastener.jpg
    Ford GT coil cover production fastener.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks Jay, sent you a PM

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
Jay,
I sent you a request for both a set of these bolts and gauge protection, please give me a total amt.
thanks Pat