Failed Gauges Redux

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Eric, I just bought one from eBay 20 mins ago. There is another one listed for about the same price ($1300). Pricey but I want OEM. 😓

Thanks Natee.

Can you provide a link?

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
Thanks Natee.

Can you provide a link?

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Thanks Natee.

I needed the speedometer, but while browsing your link for the tach, I located a speedometer from another merchant. Not cheap, though slightly less expensive than quotes from dealers and more importantly, in stock.

For anyone that needs a speedo, I think they are showing another one in stock here.

Also while browsing ebay, found this merchant that has a bunch of new 2005-2006 Ford GT parts, including at least one hard to get headlamp assembly.

Last edited:

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
UPDATE: I talked to Palo Alto Speedometer as suggested by member Specracer and no joy. Unfortunately they specialize in vintage gauges (cars built be fore the mid '90s) and have no experience with e Ford GT gauges.

Also, the OEM speedometer I thought I bought from ebay vendor Lascoautoparts, was not in stock.

Back to square one.

Last edited:

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
UPDATE: I talked to Palo Alto Speedometer as suggested by member Specracer and no joy. Unfortunately they specialize in vintage gauges (cars built be fore the mid '90s) and have no experience with e Ford GT gauges.

Also, the OEM speedometer I thought I bought from ebay vendor Lascoautoparts, did not have it in stock.

Back to square one.
Eric, sorry about that. My order was canceled too. 😓😓

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
No worries Nattee.

I'll keep hunting for a source and will let you know if I find a tach or a speedo.

In the meantime, does any forum member have a used, broken speedo they want to sell? I'd like to take a crack at diagnosing and researching an effective repair solution.

Reactions: Natee

Natee

May 12, 2021
Bangkok
No worries Nattee.

I'll keep hunting for a source and will let you know if I find a tach or a speedo.

In the meantime, does any forum member have a used, broken speedo they want to sell? I'd like to take a crack at diagnosing and researching an effective repair solution.
Thanks, Eric. I will look out for your Speedo too.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
My Gauges were acting up. Cleaning the Ground solved the problem.

Joe