Excited new member.

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Hello fellow FGT owners. I am the proud new owner of a 2006 tungsten grey GT with 7k miles. I bought the car from a fellow forum member here that took very good care of this beauty. I have ordered a Heffner tune and pulley plus an accufab intake, short shifter and a few engine dress up pieces.

I have a few other fun toys but the GT has been a bucket list car for me for many years. I look forward to hopefully meeting other owners here on the forum and enjoying many years of ownership.

Please feel free to chime in with any advice you have for a new owner.

Thanks

Dave.

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Last weekend I participated in a charity event called 'Racing for A Cure'. Here's a few photos of the car.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Welcome to the best Forum going Dave. Advice?....if you live where the climate gets cold and you don't drive the car for extended periods, plug it in with the Ford charger. That helps battery and gauges both. After you turn the ignition switch, wait for the odometer to light up before you hit the start button. This gives all the gauges a chance to initiate. Lots of members have had gauge problems, and these are techniques that mitigate the risk.

Have Fun with the car!! Attend Rally XI. It will probably get announced once Dave gets his feet back on the ground after attending Le Mans and Watkins Glen. You will get to meet many of the great folks that own these wonderful automobiles.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats on your 2006 GT purchase. Many of us here have a similar story. Update your avatar to include location so that you can know your other local members. This forum has just about every question you may have on this car already answered. Use the search function and suggest you view the GT ownership videos if you have not already done so. The videos are located on this forum under Historic Ford GT Videos tab.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Welcome, welcome, welcome!
As far as advice for a new owner try the Search engine. There are plenty of great threads with advice.
Enjoy the ride of your life!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and welcome !! Tungsten is awesome !! The pulley and tune really is a great bang for the buck !! Enjoy !!

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The only advice worth taking is...drive the crap out of it!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Yes, this one should be on top of the list of things to do (and as often as possible)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisition. You'll have lots of enjoyment with it, also the GT crowd is a very special breed. We enjoyed every gathering we have attended so far and look forward to all in the future.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You need to connect with Rick Hanson from Alberta and Trent who is from Alberta

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats and welcome.

Nice garage!

whats under the covers on the lift? R8?

and how do you like your floors in the garage? are they the plastic snap together type? is it hard to keep clean? noise?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Great Color Combo! Congrats and welcome to the club.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Congrats! You will love it.

Joe

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Welcome. Hope to meet you in person at one of DBK's unforgettable events.

Vince H

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
A warm welcome from the left coast of the US... Look forward to meeting you at Rally 11!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Can you say what forum member you bought the car from? Was it EA40? Trying to maintain the map and don't want to add another Tungsten to Calgary if it's just a transfer of ownership.

Capture.jpg

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Yes it is an R8, good eye. The floor is Ribtrax made by Swisstrax. Works great and keeps the dust down in the winter.

congrats and welcome.

Nice garage!

whats under the covers on the lift? R8?

and how do you like your floors in the garage? are they the plastic snap together type? is it hard to keep clean? noise?

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Yes. I bought the GT from EA40 a few weeks ago. Great guy and a true enthusiast. I think he was uncertain if he really wanted to sell the GT but I convinced him that I will take great care of her.... and I certainly will.

Can you say what forum member you bought the car from? Was it EA40? Trying to maintain the map and don't want to add another Tungsten to Calgary if it's just a transfer of ownership.

View attachment 43090

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Thanks for the great welcome everyone. I don't believe in car jewelry so I fully intend to drive this lovey car. Can't wait to meet you guys soon at some events and hopefully meet the Alberta guys very soon.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome Propdave! I hope you can come to the Rally in September. You are a member of a great group of people: The Ford GT Forum!

Ed

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats on the new addition and welcome to the Ford GT forum.