Engine Oil Pump Leak?

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
Has anyone had a engine oil pump show signs of a leak? Ford tells me that there have been many orders submitted for engine oil pump replacement and they have to be special ordered? Did a search and could not find anything related to the oil pump.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I have the pans off of a few dozen cars and I have never seen an oil pump leak. I always carefully go over the whole underside of the car to look for any potential problems or "tells".

I have seen power steering pumps show signs of leaking but this is typically only when the car is new and it stops. My conclusion was that there may have been an over-fill situation on some cars at Wixom, but the problem seems to rectify itself.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I have a leak at the oil pan / inlet tube connection and will be having the pan replaced shortly, but not the pump.

John

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
... Ford tells me that there have been many orders submitted for engine oil pump replacement and they have to be special ordered? ...QUOTE]

Perhaps owners are buying spares while they are still available??:confused

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
My "Rattle Snake" was due to the fluttering of the oil pump when it switched from low volume to high and as such I had the pump replaced..... Was not due to Oil leak....

It could be happening with the other 5.4 engines (ie. Trucks, GT500 etc.). They are the same pump

M

Mark O

When I replaced my sproradic oil pressure sender a month ago, there was a small puddle of on the belly pan, which seemed to be coming from the sender. When I unscrewed the sender, it was barely snug, not tight at all. The new one is threaded in tight. Hopefully, that was the cause of the leak.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
My "Rattle Snake" was due to the fluttering of the oil pump when it switched from low volume to high and as such I had the pump replaced..... Was not due to Oil leak....

It could be happening with the other 5.4 engines (ie. Trucks, GT500 etc.). They are the same pump

I think the oil pump on the GT is only used on the GT. We are the only ones with dry sump lubrication.