Egr

willem

Ford GTX-1 Owner
Mar 22, 2009
The Netherlands
Is it possible to block the EGR tube, without getting trouble codes in the ecu?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Good question. I've wondered the same thing myself. It just recently pulled my blower and was thinking of capping it off. I was going to check with our Infamous in house Guru also known as Shadowman , Kendal or the GT guys may also have some experience here as well.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Early FRPP rear exit headers did not incorporate an EGR outlet so the valve was simply blocked off. So I would say yes, the EGR can be blocked off provided, however, that the ECM is programmed to accommodate such change and associated higher combustion temperatures.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI

Yes it will set the light on a stock car. If you have an aftermarket tune it may be shut off in the software. Since the EGR is part of the emissions system they want you to know it is not working properly so it will set the light.

Aug 25, 2006
Question asked and answered

Yes it can be and the software can be tweaked for "off road use only" because while the system is disabled the OBDII system will "not" set.

Takes care

Shadowman

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
What are the advantages or disadvantages of disconnecting the pipe ? I live where it's warm most of the time.

Aug 25, 2006
What are the advantages or disadvantages of disconnecting the pipe ? I live where it's warm most of the time.

STORMCAT

I would say mechanically minimal at best however for a tuner disabling it for off road use means one less every changing variable to compensate for within the tuning process.

Takes care

Shadowman

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
STORMCAT

I would say mechanically minimal at best however for a tuner disabling it for off road use means one less every changing variable to compensate for within the tuning process.

Takes care

Shadowman

Thanks for the reply Bill .