egr cel

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Guys I have a whipple 3.4 with torrie tune that is typically running well. Gtg intake fwiw. I now have egr flow insufficient CEL, along with wandering idle, and occasional stall. Only recent work involved dash/gauge replacement and some maintenance on belt/pulley... symptoms started same day I got car back after that work. Does the CEL cause the other symptoms, or unrelated? Thanks.

P.s. had battery disconnected for a while....waiting for gauge etc...

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
First thing that comes to mind is vacuum leak. Any fluctuation on the vacuum gauge?

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
ok teamjeff found a crack in the hard line to the EGR. Test drive negative for previous issues, so i'm confident this was the problem. Apparantly from the previous work done, maybe a stray elbow or tool bumped it causing the crack. So essentially, yes, a vacuum leak as you helpfully suggested.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Did the leak show up on the new Vacuum gauge? Just wondering how sensitive these gauges are.

Tomcat

GT Owner
ok teamjeff found a crack in the hard line to the EGR. Test drive negative for previous issues, so i'm confident this was the problem. Apparantly from the previous work done, maybe a stray elbow or tool bumped it causing the crack. So essentially, yes, a vacuum leak as you helpfully suggested.
Picture of line/crack...I know this is old but I just had my GT stall at idle (twice) in two days.