Easter Eggs

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I am so addicted to following anything I see reported on the NGT. Would be really cool if this guy is right... :wink

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/24/has-ford-revealed-mustang-gt-secrets-in-screenshots.html

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Hope all the speculation is correct especially top speed, certainly within the realm of possibility.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Might want to check the speed rating on the tires. :biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's amazing the McLaren F1 had a 240mph+ top speed all those years ago.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I am so addicted to following anything I see reported on the NGT. Would be really cool if this guy is right... :wink

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/24/has-ford-revealed-mustang-gt-secrets-in-screenshots.html

Help me out. .that article is about the Mustang GT.. and if there is a new GT 500 and if it has more HP than the last GT 500 it will have more horse power than the New GT..

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sonny, the end of the article covers the NGT.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Help me out. .that article is about the Mustang GT.. and if there is a new GT 500 and if it has more HP than the last GT 500 it will have more horse power than the New GT..

Here is my logic on that... I think when Ford decided to use the 6cyl eco-boost, the new GT was not going to be about most HP, but instead better power to weight ratio and using it with superior technology.
In my estimation, there will be about 1000lb difference between the NGT and any of the 700+HP muscle cars that will be out there. This advantage alone should easily make up for having less HP in just about any situation... and if the NGT has a top speed approaching 250mph, who cares about HP?:biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Here is my logic on that... I think when Ford decided to use the 6cyl eco-boost, the new GT was not going to be about most HP, but instead better power to weight ratio and using it with superior technology.
In my estimation, there will be about 1000lb difference between the NGT and any of the 700+HP muscle cars that will be out there. This advantage alone should easily make up for having less HP in just about any situation... and if the NGT has a top speed approaching 250mph, who cares about HP?:biggrin

Don't want to burst your bubble.. numbers are out.. 647 hp / 550 tq , 216 MPH , sorry but if the person who wrote the article was serious about the 240 + mph I want some of what he had for lunch.. The new GT has a lot more aero down force built into the body ( =drag ) even in Vmax mode it's not as slippery the old McLaren F1

Last edited:

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
And the F1 held three people. It might of had more than .4 cu. ft. of cargo space?

Joe

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
It's amazing the McLaren F1 had a 240mph+ top speed all those years ago.
I suppose that's due to the aero (the A in CdA, dragfactor Cd not that far off). BHP is about the same but the F1 frontal area is much smaller. I was amazed about its size when I saw it for the first time. Also it weighs 2/3rd of the FGT, but that's more a dynamic issue with handling.

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Well I was thinking big. Still incredible numbers. Bet the GT is rock solid at speed too.