E-Bay Blues!!!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Well my son insisted I post this story on the forum. Lately I have had an itch to buy another Mustang and went with NOTA4RE to look at the new BOSS LS on display at Galpin. Well since we have 3 kids, that one would not pass by the "Boss" as it has no back seats at all so I started looking at the GT500s and maybe ordering one.

Then one evening last week I was just looking around on E-Bay and found a 2010 GT500 Conv. with 3K miles on it and started to compare prices... Then without even running the idea by HQ I placed a lowball bid thinking that I would never get it and shut down.

Next morning I checked and Crrp, I was still the highest bidder and there was like an hour left on the auction. I was so freaked out and the whole time shaving and in the shower thinking of what the hell to say to my wife and what to do. I even considered buying it and having it shipped to Cooltech Garage for a few weeks until I come up with a good story!!!, :willy

Took the kids to school and was in a weird state of mind the whole time. So, whne I got back I checked and man what a releif as I saw that I was out bid by 200 bucks and the auction was done., :ack

The lesson from this was never have a drink and go on e-bay late at night!!!

Now I am working deligently on getting HQ approval before pursuing the Mustang itch. I think I have to pay for a new Kitchen first!!!, :frown

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
LOL. I can attest that here in the Pond household, new kitchen before another new car was a hoop that had to be jumped through. But, I think I managed to sneak another couple of cars in while she was stocking the new cabinets. She finally caught on and this year the "must re-do the kid's bathroom and put new flooring upstairs" hoop was put into place. Whew! That one is now largely done and so the wait for my very first mustang has begun.....

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Try cruising match.com....they show up by themselves

No bras, wide tail, junk in the trunk, looking for hard stick shifts

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Boss 302 w/o Laguna Seca has back seats and still rips 440 hp.

Stu

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Boss 302 w/o Laguna Seca has back seats and still rips 440 hp.

Stu

And, I believe the upgrades to bring it to an LS are (or will be) available - plus you can get it in th Grabber Orange of the Parnelli Johnes/George Follmer cars.

H

HHGT

The easiest cure is to put a picture of your wife on the desktop before you login to eBay.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Just buy all the same color cars...often they don't notice.
I feel sorry for you Gulf color guys :)

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
tpraceman,

I have done that and it worked..... GT was in the garage for a couple days before it was noticed. Dang stripes gave it away.

Larry

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I don't know what the fascination with a new kitchen is all about. Are the wives talking behind our back. I've got the same problem. :frown

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
OK Rick. I think you are way overdue for a new kitchen and a Great room and maybe a "Mud Room" by now. You have a fleet of cars and the GTX1 King. So if she is just now asking for a new kitchen then you better pay up buddy. Im just a poor old guy wit one GT which has been my dream since 2004 and just got it two years ago. Not to mention your son's SS which I now am in love with the more I read on the new one. My wife just told me that I am too old for those types of mucsle cars and she thinks they are really ugly!!! I think she wants me to get a Panamera so she can drive it!!! So are you doing Viking or Wolfe in your kitchen? :)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Oh crap, tonight a check went to a new master bath project....but she hasn't seen the new black car yet...I've been a very bad boy:wink