Dynoing underbody removal?

Bulldog11267mad

GT Owner
Dec 1, 2018
Richmond VA
To get a GT on a Dyno and strapped down do you have to remove any of the underbody paneling?

Reactions: THamonGT

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I had my car dyno-tuned back in 2007, and no underbody removal was needed. With a little air / fuel tweaking, they coaxed 573hp at the rear wheels.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
it can be done without taking the panels off but its probably easier for them to strap it down without the panels in the way

if you do leave the panels on the straps have to come real close to the tires just make sure they dont rub or it will be a bad day.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Heffner removed my front splitter and rear diffussor prior to putting my car on the dyno recently.
Its good insurance.
Best,
Mark

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I guess it depends on the setup. Diffuser had to come off to get it strapped down on this dyno.

Capture.JPG

Bulldog11267mad

GT Owner
Dec 1, 2018
Richmond VA
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the best thing to do is to remove the rear diffuser.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
It is generally best to remove the rear pan. There are a wide variety of dyno types, installations, and tie down pickup points that will vary location to location to consider. I just take mine off beforehand then you are good.