Dyno Testing Stock C7 Corvette Stingray at Hennessey

Mar 15, 2006
[video=youtube;3N9R8hx2C_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N9R8hx2C_4[/video]

Got our first 2014 Chevy C7 Corvette Stingray in the shop a few days ago. Performing baseline chassis dyno testing on this car which is equipped with Z51 and 3LT packages. This car has an automatic transmission and is running on 93 octane. It has 22 miles on the odometer. Baseline track testing and modification videos coming very soon. Stay tuned.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
400 to the wheels, not too shabby. Good looking car. What is the deal with the headlights? Looks like the LED's are continuously flashing? That would be annoying to look at, but hard to miss.

That is probably in the GM owners manual, "Take directly to the Dyno and apply full throttle immediately for proper break-in" :lol

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
400 to the wheels, not too shabby. Good looking car. What is the deal with the headlights? Looks like the LED's are continuously flashing? That would be annoying to look at, but hard to miss.

That is probably in the GM owners manual, "Take directly to the Dyno and apply full throttle immediately for proper break-in" :lol

LED's normally flicker on and off indiscernible to the naked eye. When the frame rate of the video isn't in sync, they look like they're flashing.

Those exhaust tips are puny. Adds to the weirdness that is already the C7 rear end.

@Hennessey. Automatic transmission? Really?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
When I was at our track in Spring Mountain a FEW weeks ago, they had 138 C7's on the ground there. GM mandated that each of them accumulate 500 miles on the odo before any track time. A bunch of GM guys happy to comply with the mothership request and diligently adding 500 miles to each of 138 vettes!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So that's how you break in a car with 22 miles.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
So that's how you break in a car with 22 miles.
So that's how you BREAK a car with 22 miles?

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I couldn't do it to my car for sure.

Still, fun to watch and I thank John Hennessey for posting. Nice to know the baseline stock #s.

I imagine they've done this many times to many new cars, it's their business and they are obviously good at it.

I really like the front view of the car, very C3 like. Side view is OK. Rear end, I dunno, but hopefully it will grow on me.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I dunno, when I was the Harley Davidson plant a few years back, I noticed that every single bike coming off the line got dyno'd for a good 5-6 minutes before it left the factory. I would think these cars get the same treatment. Some strong numbers for that new C7!