Dymag wheels

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Anyone know of a pair of 19" Dymags? I have 20" front and rear and cannot get the ABS-brake lights to go away?

Jim

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Anyone know of a pair of 19" Dymags? I have 20" front and rear and cannot get the ABS-brake lights to go away?

Jim

How close is are your tire's ratios diameter front to rear compared to stock. If it is too far off you will get an ABS error.

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Dymag

Back when I was shopping Dymag, a 19" was not available.

I just learned this past week that Dymag is out of business.
There is a company that picked up their alloy motorcycle wheel business, but the carbon car wheels are no longer produced.

Have you always had an ABS fault? I know of cars with 20s front and rear that didn't trip ABS faults.

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
A GT expert said the wheels need a 5% differential between front and rear (smaller front or larger rear) Yes the light has always come on after 3 to 10 miles of driving. We tried the dyno to no avail, but got 632 rwhp.

Saw 19" set of dymags on ebay but would just need 2.

Kip we missed you last week!

Jim

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, Dymag is done. Lots of sets still available though, just have to look around. I've got 18 fronts, 19 rears. My buddy in Calgary has 19 fronts, 20 rears. A buddy in California has 20 fronts and rears on his Audi R8.

But there's loads of cars running Advan ADV1's or other brands that have 20 front AND rear. Surely it's mostly a question of the size of rubber you're putting on it? Maybe your fronts are too tall or your rears are too small?? What size tires are you running?

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
I have 20's all around never had a problem

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have 20s front and rear with no problems. Change your tire size, not your wheels

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Exactly - and you should maintain the O/D same as stock. That would ensure maintained speedo accuracy and overall geometry. Personally, I did 20" all around on my Z06 and I hate the ride now. I went the 19/20 route on my GT and my SRT10 and am much happier.

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
Exactly - and you should maintain the O/D same as stock. That would ensure maintained speedo accuracy and overall geometry. Personally, I did 20" all around on my Z06 and I hate the ride now. I went the 19/20 route on my GT and my SRT10 and am much happier.

Like shelby stated tire size and brand make all the difference in the world when your on 20's

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Yeah, Dymag is done. Lots of sets still available though, just have to look around. I've got 18 fronts, 19 rears. My buddy in Calgary has 19 fronts, 20 rears. A buddy in California has 20 fronts and rears on his Audi R8.

But there's loads of cars running Advan ADV1's or other brands that have 20 front AND rear. Surely it's mostly a question of the size of rubber you're putting on it? Maybe your fronts are too tall or your rears are too small?? What size tires are you running?

Have 255/35 on front and 335/30 on rear ABS light comes on after 2-5 miles Jim