Driving Bliss!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Every mile has been shear bliss! I just can’t stop wanting to drive the New GT!
My 06 is feeling deprived!

Attachments

• 873B38BF-5012-4CBD-BE96-EB24405C80C1.jpeg
    873B38BF-5012-4CBD-BE96-EB24405C80C1.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 8

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
An average speed of 35????? Must be lots of city/suburban miles for you Rocketman.

Reactions: Vince H and RPM217

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I know how you exactly how you feel.
If my 05 could talk, it would say
"don't you love me anymore" .

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have mentioned in the past,“You will drive your older model GT a lot less when you get your New GT”! That’s the reason I sold my 06 so someone else could enjoy her. I have driven my 2017 way more than my 06 at todays 22 months of ownership! It’s totally different and to me a lot more fun. 06, 10 years old and 7,460 miles. 2017 3,200 miles and 22 months old!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You are correct Tommy!
But I sure love my 06!
Yes 35 mph average! Funny really!
But I have tracked it and gone 165!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
We are all very Blessed to have these types of discussions!!

Both cars are such different and awesome driving experiences it is a great problem to have choosing one or the other.

Years of seat time in the 05 makes driving it like wearing a broken in pair of boots that fit perfect and feel great. Still a thrill and the timeless classic look will never grow old. Even if Blue gets less miles I can't foresee any situation where she will leave home.

As my confidence level develops in the 19 it is an amazing driving experience like no other. The small cockpit totally wraps around you and the seat bolsters provide secure fit when strapped in. Power is endless and the shifting is smooth and precise. Personally I drive 98% of the time in Sport mode and M unless using launch control which has only been once so far.

A few learning curves for me.

Everybody thinks you are somebody special to own and drive one of these cars and I guess in a way we are.:)

The best answer of how much it costs, GOOGLE IT!

Finding the best way to get in and out without sliding on the seat bolsters. Steven cautioned constant sliding will eventually wear the threads on the bolsters.

Driving in Manual under heavy acceleration you better be ready to shift, the lights cycle fast.

I had a hard time initially finding the turn signals without looking and holding them to stay on and sometime hit the wiper wheel.

Driving with wing up all time looks really cool but also make rear visibility worse and you loose the fun of watching it operate.

Thanks to all that served our County🇺🇸

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Ron,
Looking forward to your “track” report!!

Reactions: roketman

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
My 06GT has been a great car and comfortable enough to take road trips. I understand the NFGT is far more raw. Do you think the NFGT will be as good as my 06GT on extended road trips? I'm sure there is no comparison on the track...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ron,
Looking forward to your “track” report!!
Waiting for my new wife body Intech trailer! Due in next week!
Watkins Glen next month! Im predicting the new GT. to be faster than my GT3 cup car Stay tuned!

Reactions: Vince H

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My 06GT has been a great car and comfortable enough to take road trips. I understand the NFGT is far more raw. Do you think the NFGT will be as good as my 06GT on extended road trips? I'm sure there is no comparison on the track...
The 05/06 cars are great cars to travel in. A little creative packing and you are set!
I think the new GT would be great to travel in ,if you can figure out some creative packing

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sue and I have some creative packing on a three day trip to Fred’s memorial weekend in the Texas Hill Country by using flat bags placed behind both rear seats backs and using the passenger floor for additional flat bags with Sue sitting on the car cover! That’s about all you can do other than FedX.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Last month I drove to and from Big Bend for the road race. Total mileage was 2,000 over a six day period. When I got home I had no desire to go anywhere near the car for some time; it’s harsh, loud, cramped. Awesome vehicle but not something for road trips. The 06 on the other hand- after Utah we did a ten state 5,000 mile road trip in total comfort with a lot of luggage, it was a blast!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten

I find the NFGT to be more comfortable than the '06 by a wide margin.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Waiting for my new wife body Intech trailer! Due in next week!
Watkins Glen next month! Im predicting the new GT. to be faster than my GT3 cup car Stay tuned!

Rocketman... what is a wife body trailer... can't wait to see the shape :)

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
wide body! LOL