door speakers

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Did anyone replace the door speakers for a better quality sounding ones? what model/specs was used? Thanks!

Aug 25, 2006
I have a gal in the facility at this time receiving an upgrade; as I recall Ash is installing Focal speakers and in this gal's case she came from Canada so she is receiving an amp and a subwoofer too.

Takes care

Shadowman

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Thanks Shadowman! Can either you or Ash give me the model #, size, etc. for the speakers going in the doors? Much appreciated!

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks Shadowman! Can either you or Ash give me the model #, size, etc. for the speakers going in the doors? Much appreciated!

I will be glad to however it will be later in the week before Ash and I get together again.

Please send me an email and I will make sure that it is responded to.

Takes care

Shadowman

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
If you can still hear your radio, you're doing the wrong Mods.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006

:agree:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Or driving like EP! :lol

bookojj

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2017
I'm trying to revive an old post here.... I pulled my door panel off this weekend for another reason and noticed the stock speaker is trash. Any suggestions for Focal or other replacement speakers?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
They are not the best quality, but they are easily repaired if the foam is disintegrated.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
You sure did, and it was your 1st post, after being here for nearly 2 years! Welcome!

I'm trying to revive an old post here....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Standard radio or midrange for Mac?

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I have the McIntosh and I usually do not have it on, on my drives, unless I want some background music, but I will say sometimes I sit in the garage with is on and I am quite impressed with the McIntosh unit. I feel that the separation and the mix of the highs is well defined, with the sub it also brings up the lows quite nicely, I always have the setting on flat. I have in my house several systems and by far my favorite is my McIntosh C22III with 2 MC301's with power my B&W 801 series II speakers...

I would get the original speakers reformed it you have the McIntosh speakers.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Bookojj, just to clarify: When you said "trashed" did you mean the foam or rubber surrounds were falling apart? Or something else?

bookojj

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys and the warm welcome. This is a much more helpful forum than I'm used to!!! I have the non-Mc system. In fact I have none of the 4 options. The car changed hands 4 or 5 times before I got it, so it has been an archaeological dig every time I have issues. The speaker cones were fine, but the the surround foam is trashed.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Reactions: Kingman and Ed Sims

bookojj

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2017
Many thanks Sinovac!! I'll check this out

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You can try X2 Builders on eBay.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
At this point I would NOT buy used speakers. The foam surround deteriorates with time. It seems to be resilient for about a dozen years, and then suddenly falls apart. I've experienced this on many brands of speakers. The butyl rubber surrounds do not fall apart like foam. Heat and humidity don't help matters, but the surrounds seem to last about the same time whether in dry or humid climates.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I agree with Pete. You’re better off buying the foam kit.

bookojj

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2017
I ended up putting in Polk Audio DB522 for the time being. I'll have the OEM speakers rebuilt, but this was a good short term solution. They sound fine, but since I don't have the Mac, the head unit isn't much by way of output...