Door sills

1931imperial

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
I made the mistake of ordering my 2019 GT w/standard interior & inspite of a concerted effort not to scuff the fabric door sill material they are frayed. I sit youngsters in my car regularly but w/direction they are also careful. Ford says normal wear & tear but obviously a very poor choice of material for sills I only have 8000 miles on car. Ford said $7000 for carbon fiber sills. Looking for constructive thoughts

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
With the initial cost and present value of the NFGT the Carbon Fiber at another $7000 sills will cure all the issues and look great.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Cost of replacement parts going up everyday! Get them while you can! They will be double in few years when production is over!

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
My Carbon Series came with the Carbon sills and they sure look cool, though they came loose on me a couple of times. If you get the carbon sills make sure you put some thick PPF on them and you won't have any issues.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Wow, I had no idea those were fabric. Agreed, terrible design idea, you will be much happier with Carbon with PPF, 7k sucks but when looking at the overall cost of this car it's like buying half of a racing stripe...

Reactions: canibl

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mine are carbon; I didn't even know it could come in fabric. Order the carbon look great and easy to keep clean.