Door lock Question

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Pulled my 05 GT into the man cave, and after shutting down, I saw I left the passenger side window down. I opened the drivers side door (did not sit down) - turned the key on and ran up the passenger window. Took the key out, and left it in the car (secure environment). When I shut the door, I saw the tail lights blink. Yes the car was locked with the keys in it.

Fortunately I have another set - but this behavior was not expected. I would have thought it not possible to lock the keys in a 05 GT.

Ive also had a couple of times the unlock of the passenger door doesn't work from the lock/unlock switch on the door, but the remote does unlock the passenger door.

Thoughts?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I’ve had my car since 2006 and have done what you described many times. Never had that happen.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Gremlins..my 2006 will sometimes only allow me to unlock passenger door with key fob.
Even though I operated the unlock button on the driver side.
I locked my key under the front hood once at rally II in Newport. (Long story)
So , I am just always careful to never let the key be in the car when I exit unless one window if fully down so I can reach in and get it.
Andy (ajb)

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I’ve had my car since 2006 and have done what you described many times. Never had that happen.

I know! I think it shouldn't be a problem because I'd never leave my car with the keys in it other than at home... But curious