Don't understand

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Still don't understand how a Ford GT owner who owns and has owned numerous new Ford products who additionally provided a $1000 out of his pocket to any of 150 employees who bought a new Ford product in a 90 day window in 2009 when Ford refused a government bailout and who received a personal letter from Bill Ford thanking me for my loyalty to Ford stating " that it brought a smile to his face" and included all of this in his application did not receive an allocation or at the least make the priority list. Help me out.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
A cut and paste of your own post warranted a separate thread? I understand it was a disappointment. Heck, I was more disappointed about it than I thought and I didn't even really want a car. But is there an answer that will satisfy you other than "Oops, we (Ford) made a mistake. Your allocation letter is in the mail". It's over. Really, it's time to move on.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I have moved on. I'm working on 2018. Have to believe somehow my efforts for Ford in 2009 were overlooked. Hoping someone at Ford with influence will notice what i believe was a mistake.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Pretty sure 17, 18 and 19 are spoken for... Stay positive and try for a 2020. It's not over until it's over... Don't get negative.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Bonehead, did you get an allocation?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Still don't understand...

1. Why I am not entitled.

2. What is the meaning of life.

3. Why is the sky blue.

Someday, it may all become clear. Of course, by then it will be too late to matter.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Application process reopens in 2018 i understand. Im not negative.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Should have joined us at Rally 11. There's a drawing at the banquet tonight for three allocations.

Oops! Hope that wasn't supposed to be a secret.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Bonehead, did you get an allocation?

I did not. I was admittedly a bit irked even though 1) I knew I didn't have a chance and 2) I didn't really want one. Just a case of FOMO. But I'm 100% over it. Lots of other cars I'd rather have (and can actually afford without leveraging my life away).

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Gary ,there will be cars one way or another either in the second hand market,through year four allocation,or others that just "things change" and people cancel their allocations.Be ready to scoop one up .I was denied but can guarantee u i will have one .....one way or another. Just stay positive and keep in mind the sour grapes thread just drives everybody crazy including Ford.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
I did not. I was admittedly a bit irked even though 1) I knew I didn't have a chance and 2) I didn't really want one. Just a case of FOMO. But I'm 100% over it. Lots of other cars I'd rather have (and can actually afford without leveraging my life away).

I think There will be a lot of cases where people have applied and have been approved that cannot "actually afford without leveraging my life away" and they will walk away.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I plan on eventually having one. The difficulty i have is not being able to imagine anything that would surpass my loyalty to Ford demonstrated by the action i took in 2009.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think this is about to become your biggest test of Ford loyalty Gary.

Ed

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
I understand Gary's position, he's genuine.
And no, there aren't cars out there like the 2017 Ford GT.
It's been proven before...the only cars that are as good as our 2005/06 GTs are the Carrera GT and Enzo (to stay in the same era).
I did not get an allocation either and no car I look at comes close. What ever comes close says $2 Mil....So I will wait and wait.