Document Storage

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Any suggestions on where to store registration papers and insurance card?

Currently in an envelope in the passenger footbox webbing (storage behind the seats would mean I would have to exit the car to reach them)...

Thinking about sewing up a leather or fabric pouch with elastic straps to attach to the driver side visor.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Dan
Marblehead, Ohio

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I put mine in the elastic mesh storage hanger behind the driver's seat ... sorry, at first I missed your concern about having to get out.

Along with my ronavirus mask 🤨

And did you realize there's another elastic mesh storage attached to the front of the driver's seat?

I didn't know until recently somebody here told me 🍻

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Mesh behind driver's seat.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
I knew about the mesh in front of the drivers seat, but didn’t like the idea of folding up the documents to fit... that’s where we keep the hand sanitizer (sigh...)

just don’t like the idea of handing out an origami pile of paperwork to an officer.

I had them under the front seat but they kept sliding out.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Aftermarket (Kip) center console flip up arm rest

Yeah, I know that isn't fair, but I wish some of this stuff would get made again.

Might be one available where someone went back to 100% stock.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
just don’t like the idea of handing out an origami pile of paperwork to an officer.

If you politely keep their hands full with paper, perhaps they'll have a harder time filling out any commendations...

ElenaFGT-7196lr.jpg

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
In a large envelope under the driver's floor mat?

In the owner's manual slot on the passenger side of the console?

Attached to the sun visor?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Behind passenger seat. I can reach it from drivers side especially since my wife likes her seat forward.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I also purchased Kip’s flip up center console for this reason. I keep my front license plate under passenger seat in nylon “Ford” pouch I recently bought off eBay. If stopped I slide it on dash. If officer says anything about no front plate I ask them if they would attach it to front end and usually they let it go. They generally are more curious about the car!
I bought another one of these pouches for NFGT and place papers and plate under passenger carpet, in CF series, no storage whatsoever!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
iphone

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Aftermarket (Kip) center console flip up arm rest.

Drops mic......

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I never keep registration and / or insurance cards in the GT or any of my cars. Why make it any easier for some fool who might think of stealing it...

They are in my wallet so when I'm in the car, so are they.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Pocket on the back of the driver seat holds a license plate.

NFGT and place papers and plate under passenger carpet, in CF series, no storage whatsoever!

Reactions: RPM217

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Pocket on the back of the driver seat holds a license plate.
and that's where mine is, as well!!

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for all the feedback - I can't reach behind the passenger seat because of the sub-woofer.

just ordered this off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HJJBVZ?psc=1&smid=A3COAXIQIU7M6P&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Looks to be just about the right size... will have the wife sew a couple elastic bands to it and store over my visor.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Lots of options that already have elastic bands