Do I need assembly parts for my original FGT exhaust?

FordZealot

Jul 6, 2014
Norway
Hi!
I have a 2006 Ford GT with a heffner exhaust upgrade (described here http://heffnerperformance.com/ford-gt/ under the Stage 2 Supercharger and Exhaust Upgrades heading). I also have the original exhaust (1 piece). Since I live in Norway (where you are only able to register the car in original state), I need to reassemble the car with the original exhaust.
I don't know if I need to order an assembly kit for it, or if the assembly kit for the Heffner exchaust can be used on the original. What do you think?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
My recollection, when I installed my Heffner, is that it used all the OEM hardware. Also all hardware was of a standard nature (nuts bolts, and washers, nothing specialized, so could be sourced easily).

Bummer you have to go back, as the Heffner has a great sound.

FordZealot

Jul 6, 2014
Norway
Thanks for sorting that out! .... Pssst - once I've get my license plates - the Heffner is going back on... hush hush 🤫😆

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I think you have everything you need. Unbolt the Heffner, bolt on the Ford. The two flange gaskets are generally reusable. If not, they are readily available here, or just make your own out of gasket material.

Easy access with the clamshell off. This is also very easy with two people. Some protective tape on the painted edges, pull two pins, and it's off.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
How would they know the difference between stock and xpipe?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
EU noise regulations.