Dinner tonight at Umstead Heron's

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Several of us are getting together tonight for dinner. I'll be receiving a call shortly from the PM Heron's manager regarding a time for their private dining room. We're at Chapel Hill and on our way to Duke. Please call me at 808.291.1480 or email Kelvin.bloom@astonhotels.com if you can join us. Hopefully, dinner will be around 7:30 and cigars post-dinner.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We'll be there.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
There are 9 of us thus far - Bannisters, Dickeys, Pikuls, Sims & us. We'd enjoy having more. Meet out front at porte cochere at 7:45 and we'll be driven to Restaurant An where we have a private dining room.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thanks AlohaGT for setting it up. I had a great drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway today - 300 miles so, hanging out for a relaxing dinner with my GT Forum friends is a perfect way to complete the Rally!
Ed

Aug 25, 2006
It appears that "all" had a wonderful time

I/we wish that we could have been there

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 259

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Looks like a bunch of Hawai'ian tourists with one of the local Royal Hawai'ian Chieftains at the head of the table? Is this photo taken at the La Mer Restaurant at the Halekulani??? Where are the Mai Tais? Everyone is looking joyful, perhaps the expectant papa is thinking about diaper changing?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you ever want to get that face, eat dinner across from a pathologist in the mood for wisecracking. :lol

But seriously, thanks for a great dinner Ed. That was a fantastic restaurant and great company. I was honestly thinking about stealing some of Ed's main course.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 200
  • desert.jpg
    desert.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 196

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Whoa, nice looking sashimi! Pathologists are like that, remember they deal with dead tissue all day long! Fpr them to have a captive live audience is a rare thing, indeed. So they have a tendency to make light of things. Where was his mustouched pal, Kirby?

frankandkirby2.jpg

Sorry, Frank, couldn't resist! :cheers

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It was a fun time with friends & great food! See you in Vegas in Feb?

Ed