Delivery of my new Ford GT

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
As some of you may have read on another thread, I was looking for some maintenance to-do's/advice on my recently purchased 2005 FGT (red).

She was delivered last night.

Also in contention for my latest garage spot were the 997TTS (amazing performance, not very special looking), ZR1 (very similar to my Z06, cheap interior, not worth my Z plus $65K to me), R8 V10 (amazing car, very nearly took the spot, Audi name-plate somehow diluted the specialness, probably the thinking man's winner), Gallardo Superleggera (a little too ostentatious for me, and enough with the alcantara already) and F430 Scuderia (stunning interior, beautiful, but difficult servicing in Minneapolis & 458 overshadows it. Oh, and my wardrobe isn't up to its standard). << all IMHO.

At the end of the day, for me, the combination of heritage, (tuned) performance, relative ease of maintenance, exotic looks, discontinued production and the flattest depreciation curve sealed the deal.

The fact that she'd had all the mods that I'd want to do, done already, was a bonus:

2.7 pulley/tune
Ford Racing Exhaust
Clear bra
Very cool (amazing in person) silver seat piping and inserts
Newer Bridgestone tires
Adjustable coil perches
Bumper Delete

I bought her from Shelby. I couldn't imagine a nicer, straight-shooting, honest guy to buy from (you guys already know that). He said the FGT was near-perfect and it is. He changed the oil, clutch and brake fluids for me before she left. She arrived beautifully detailed.

Now my Factory Five (Ford powered) roadster kit has a sibling. :biggrin

Some quickly taken delivery pictures before the sun went down (better ones coming).

Glad to be part of the club here. (special thanks to Superfly for some good info)

Chris

72b433e4.jpg

b588b8f2.jpg

52e70122.jpg

0ad44475.jpg

6a673936.jpg

2de0d3a3.jpg

8666395b.jpg

d48d1acb.jpg

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Have you set up a folding chair next to it in the garage yet?

You will before long! :biggrin

Congrats again!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
That's awesome Chris!! Did you get Marty and Eric down to "help" with the Rubicon? :lol

Congrats. The piping on the seats is cool. Really makes the interior "pop" even more. Did Shelby do that?

Enjoy it always. And keep the shiny side up.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Nice pictures, except for the one with the guy in it. (LOL Sorry I could not resist). Anyway nice car collection and congratulations on the GT. The striping on the seats looks pretty cool. Also I was wondering because it looks like you are keeping your cars at a special storage place. It looks pretty nice!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Beautiful car Chris

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Have you set up a folding chair next to it in the garage yet?

You will before long! :biggrin

Congrats again!

Not yet, but I took her home last night and snuck a few peeks at her in the garage :) My wife thinks I'm crazy.

That's awesome Chris!! Did you get Marty and Eric down to "help" with the Rubicon? :lol

Congrats. The piping on the seats is cool. Really makes the interior "pop" even more. Did Shelby do that?

Enjoy it always. And keep the shiny side up.

Marty ended up being out of town and Eric was busy when the delivery driver arrived, so no.. I didn't get to be as sneaky as I wanted. I sent Eric a picture of the trailer last night and wouldn't tell him what was in it. We met for coffee this a.m. He's very happy for me.

I was a little unsure of the piping from the pics, but Shelby told me that I'd love it - and that it looked factory. I do and it does. Awesome in person.

I don't think Elite did the piping, but I guess I never specifically asked.

I've been driving her very modestly.. it's cold here and I've comprehended all the warnings from you guys.

Thanks again for the help.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Is the Yenko yours too? Car looks great, the piping does look nice!!!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Never get tired of these threads-- brings back great memories. Congrats. Terry

FastFords

Apr 20, 2011
Chris, that red harlot is beautiful! Just don't let her distract you from finishing your Cobra, you don't want the mistress to get mad at you for neglect. That and a bunch of FF guys breathing down your neck to get a move on.

H

HHGT

Obviously you have great taste... First to get yourself a GT and second to realize that other than the other poser colors, Red is Best - except for the Heritage of course. Congrats,

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Chris, looks great. I can't wait to see it in person.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
COOL!! and your a member at that cool garage complex in MN. Welcome to the club, you will not tire of the car.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Gorgeous, Congratulations!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Let the fun games begin!
Congratulations you are in for one helluva ride!

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Congrats! Hope to see that FFR done soon. Then it will be which one do I drive today????? Very good problem and two of the greatest cars you can own!
(Oh And I like the red too)

Attachments

• GTandCobra.jpg
    GTandCobra.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 441

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Nice pictures, except for the one with the guy in it. (LOL Sorry I could not resist). Anyway nice car collection and congratulations on the GT. The striping on the seats looks pretty cool. Also I was wondering because it looks like you are keeping your cars at a special storage place. It looks pretty nice!

Ha. Just saw this.

That guy tends to muck up a lot of my pictures. I wish he'd knock it off!

Re the facility, it's called Automotorplex. We built out a storage place there, partly for overflow, and partly to give me a place to work on my stuff that has more than 100w of light.

Thanks for the sentiment re the piping. I agree.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks much everyone.

I hope to be sharing someone else's excitement down the line like you guys are nice enough to do with me.

I do need to keep cranking on the Factory Five. I'm going to take a few days off work to lace up the pre-body stuff if I can before it turns too cold out to drive. That said, if it takes til spring, so be it.

Until she's done, the GT will really only be competing with my Camaro.

Speaking of..

Is the Yenko yours too? Car looks great, the piping does look nice!!!

Yep. However, she's just a nice copy.

More pics of 'Blue' here:
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/HIRISC/Blue/

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Love me some original Yenko, but that being said, I guess you could say our GT's are a copy too!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
A wish choice grasshopper!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on the new car. Awesome garage. That place looks like a very cool facility.