DBK Got Me a Mustang!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Well sort of...

First off, I wanted to publically thank our illustrious forum founder, DBK, for helping me with another Ford acquisition. Although the sellers were great people to work with, the long-distance car buying process tends to be much less stressful when a trusted friend is handing over your cash, verifying the car exists, and supervising the loading or your new car on to some random auto transport. Without the slightest hesitation, DBK offered his time and knowledge to help out a fellow GT owner.

OK, so what did I buy? I just completed the purchase of a 1996 Mustang Cobra. Apparently, this car was a pre-production example that was the 110th Mustang and 18th Cobra built for the 1996 model year. Ford used the car in some pre-production "official" capacity for about a year, and then it was sold to a Ford Motor Company employee. This employee owned the car until his passing this past November.

The Mustang appears to be all original and has 31,000 miles. Until last month, it appears to have not left the garage since 2005. I'm looking forward to enjoying #18 as it will be a great way to foster my son's interest in Mustangs.

Credit goes to DBK for a picture of #18 as it's getting loaded for the trip south.

image1.JPG

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations - and thanks to Dave for his help!

:thumbsup

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nice car! SN-95's are still in the shadows value wise. You will enjoy it!

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Careful Dave, you wouldn't want people to know you as a nice guy. ;-)

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Nice car! SN-95's are still in the shadows value wise. You will enjoy it!

I have a bit of a soft spot for the SN95 Cobras. This is the third one I've owned. I bought my first in January of '96. I only sold it to make room for my GT.

Back in the day, the 305 HP 4-cam 4.6L V8 was a beast. These days that's barely enough to keep up with a V-6 or Eco-boost Mustang.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Looks like DBK's vette in the back as well. :rofl

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations. I think the SN95 Mustangs have the best interior layout of all the modern Mustangs. I bought my wife a yellow GT the first year they came out in 1994. We had no money and rented a lousy apartment, but we had a new Mustang.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
One good guy ,helping out another good guy!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Happy to help Waldo! Car looked fresh, hope you enjoy it. They left before the other one could get loaded. Bummer!

21a8fc4b48280a9cb63d4ba5f4213811.jpg

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Dave... That's headed to my house right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Happy to help Waldo! Car looked fresh, hope you enjoy it. They left before the other one could get loaded. Bummer!

I've got the driver's phone number. I can tell him he forgot one and needs to head back to Allen Park.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
...I bought my wife a yellow GT the first year they came out in 1994. We had no money and rented a lousy apartment, but we had a new Mustang.
How ironic. When I bought my first Mustang Cobra, my wife and I were renting a lousy house.

Congratulations. I think the SN95 Mustangs have the best interior layout of all the modern Mustangs...

I prefer the all black interior, but the saddle is growing on me. It should at least be cooler in the summer.

The SN95 interior is definitely much more simple when compared to the '15 Mustangs. I'm not sure if I even have any cassette tapes left.

CIMG7985.jpg

CIMG7994.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Looks good! And very much like our 95R, but cloth seats!

Enjoy it!