Daydreaming....thinking about Gold rims.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
While my order window on the Carbon edition is coming up soon, I am thinking about storing the carbon fibers (for safe keeping) and ordering an extra set of wheels that are a little different. Has anyone looked at these BBS wheels in Gold or Satin Gold? I am planning on ordering a PTS blue, something closer to Lightning Blue, I think the gold could be a nice contrast, but maybe too much with the carbon edition....thoughts? Also, I think the hub on the carbon wheels from the factory is different than the standard wheels, if so not sure how that may impact any aftermarket options.

https://www.inokinetic.com/fordgt/bbs-fi-r-wheel-set-deposit

The satin gold version on the BBS site......
https://bbs.com/en/products/forged_line/FI-R.php

I like sticking strictly with the OEM product, but something about these BBS wheels is appealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: canibl

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Cant go wrong with BBS as they are excellent wheels.And I love the gold.I took a chance when I ordered my Performante with gold wheels with a Verde Mantis body color and love how it tuned out.plus u can always paint them if u dont like them.SqhokhYWRPilEyjJKzTwOg.jpg

Reactions: 1997spider

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Check out Forgeline.They make the rims on the new track edition

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Studs are just longer, you need open lug nuts, or the ones the Stormcat has on his car at SEMA a couple years ago.

Also, I think the hub on the carbon wheels from the factory is different than the standard wheels, if so not sure how that may impact any aftermarket options.

MKII wheels sadly wont fit on a stock car (I asked). Not sure if they will modify the width.

Check out Forgeline.They make the rims on the new track edition

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Gold has my vote. My black 430 Scuderia has factory satin gold wheel, and my matte orange Huracan Performante has the gold wheel. People always compliment the wheels on both those cars. My red Gt40 MkII also has gold wheels. Go for it!

Attachments

• 5E3AFE5B-C2AE-465D-BD67-655DEE592E20.jpeg
    5E3AFE5B-C2AE-465D-BD67-655DEE592E20.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: Stef and 1997spider

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
We got the opportunity to compare the aluminum and the CF at the factory. The CF wheel is marked lighter that the aluminum.

I had similar concerns with my GT350R but decided to "risk" it and kept the CF. I had about 4500 miles and ~15 track days and never did I damage a rim. If you are doing it for safe keeping I would not, but if you do to spice things up I am looking forward to seeing your color choice.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
Cant go wrong with BBS as they are excellent wheels.And I love the gold.I took a chance when I ordered my Performante with gold wheels with a Verde Mantis body color and love how it tuned out.plus u can always paint them if u dont like them.View attachment 56664
Nice!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Here are the matt gold wheels I had on my '05. I was trying to match the wheels on the 1960 GT race cars.

EdIMG_4132.jpg

PS Man, the '05-06 GTs are co cool looking. Timeless.

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
While my order window on the Carbon edition is coming up soon, I am thinking about storing the carbon fibers (for safe keeping) and ordering an extra set of wheels that are a little different. Has anyone looked at these BBS wheels in Gold or Satin Gold? I am planning on ordering a PTS blue, something closer to Lightning Blue, I think the gold could be a nice contrast, but maybe too much with the carbon edition....thoughts? ...

I like sticking strictly with the OEM product, but something about these BBS wheels is appealing.

The Gold BBS will look fantastic on your GT. BBS produce the factory GT wheel so these FI-Rs are as close to factory quality and fitment as you will get. The BBS FI-R wheels are almost as light as the CF wheels and the fitment is exactly as stock. I felt it was the no risk way of getting a new look and save my CF wheels for shows, etc.

BBS provide open lug nuts (see below) so they will fit perfect with either stock forged or CF wheels. You can save your factory lug nuts with the wheels or use the open lug nuts when you want to run stock/CF wheels.

I would have chosen Gold if not for the Orange stripes on my GT. I love how the cut-outs in the wheel spokes mimic the body cut outs.
View attachment 56680

Attachments

• edit-1578.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited: