Dave... this one is for you.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
F.Y.I. , All lug nuts were hand torqued, and that number recorded in the book that traveled with the car. :thumbsup

Any chance you can use your pull at Ford to get us those books? I am sure it is extremely out of the ordinary for Ford but so are these cars. Given that we are all car freaks that tech book would be the holy grail of car memorabilia.

c'on, I'll get ya out of jail for free. That's a real life "Get Outa Jail Free" card. What could be better? :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Betcha a buck those puppies got "trashed" like so many other 'docs' did, Mark...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Not gonna happen, ever. We've tried numerous schemes to get them, or get at them, and Ford will destroy them (if they haven't already) for liability purposes.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, they are cooked. Back when Saleen was still busting out cars they were relatively pain free to get. Now, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. They are actually going to keep them for several years before they torch them, but we won't be seeing them anytime soon unfortunately. I wish I could get them for everyone.