Dash Gauges

tonyhart1

Sep 25, 2018
On my 06 the dash gauges have decided to stop working except for the fuel gauge. The car runs fine, though.
Any suggestions?

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Others can comment but check battery voltage should be 13 + volts and battery ground to frame mount cable should be scraped of paint and install star washer.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Id like a dollar for every thread about gauges.....

But back on topic.... I assume you have key cycled the car? Ive had them freak out, but come back.

As mentioned above, confirm ground from the battery to the frame (under the battery) is clean and tight (disconnect, clean, reassemble with some dielectric grease). This is a notorious issue.

Reactions: NorthwoodGT

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Speed Hut is having a Black Friday sale, 20% off. I just ordered a full set of gauges. I can't stand the factory gauges anymore!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Joe

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Suggest a new battery if yours is 3+ years old, Red Top group 25 Optima, they’re a hit and miss after Johnson Controls (now Clarios) moved the factory to Mexico, my last one lasted 13 years, changed mine for same a couple of weeks ago (wasn’t experiencing any gauge issues, but 13+ years, it was time).

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Speed Hut is having a Black Friday sale, 20% off. I just ordered a full set of gauges. I can't stand the factory gauges anymore!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Joe
Agreed, I have enough things to worry about on my cars without adding gauges to the list…..my car had Speedhuts when I bought it