Damaged Wheel

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
This discussion began in another thread but I thought it would be easier for people to find the information in the future if we started a new thread.

I was working on the car and one of the wheels fell over. The damage to the paint was substantial enough to warrants having the wheel redone. Does anyone know anything about this process? Paint codes would be very helpful. These are the standard wheels.

jimmy_v

Jul 23, 2007
Dallas, TX
Call Prestige Ford 972-864-3680 ask for Bill in service they just redid mine, they look new.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
there are wheel repair shops, I had mine done at wheel of america in Houston, they did an okay job, but the shade will be slightly off, unless you provide them with the actual paint used in the factory, this may be difficult as the wheels are made in germany. I think they are still using lead containing paint, that maybe why its difficult to get the paint.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I called Prestige Ford and they referred me to Wheel of America www.fixrim.com here in Dallas. I will let you know it turns out.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The people at www.fixrim.com did a really good job and with a 24 hour turn around. The powder coat is a spot on match.

Thanks for the help guys!