Damaged 06 auction

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Was browsing this morning at www.crankyape.com and ran across an 06 up for auction. It's in Texas. Damaged, but hard to tell how bad from pictures.
Current high bid is 60K. Their auctions usually end on Wednesday, but still may be unsold.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Maybe our member will post a comment on this one . Damage is extensive to frame, left rear end and underneath. Slid into and over curb. GT guys know about this car, I think.

Mooney56

GT Owner
Jan 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
I have no guess what the reserve is on the car but it would make a fun project.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Can't blame this on Goodyears.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Can't blame this on Goodyears.

'Depends. E.g.: What was the weather/temp situation? Or, Goodyears aside, was the driver run off the road? 'Medical issue?

But, odds are the cause was the 'more common' one.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No medical issues at all. No other vehicles involved.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
'Depends. E.g.: What was the weather/temp situation? Or, Goodyears aside, was the driver run off the road? 'Medical issue?

But, odds are the cause was the 'more common' one.

The car has Bridgestones.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Believe this is/was a forum member's car.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
This was my car. I never had Goodyears but I could spin the Bridgestones with ease Lost it on Memorial drive. Hit median under the drivers door and spun it backward into the right had curb. Luckily no other party involved. The only thing I bruised was my ego...Thank god for Drew's Policy which made me whole.

Car has frame damage under drivers door, suspension/wheel damage left front and rear, cracked transmission, movement in the diagonal engine brace on the left. Cosmetically the left rocker and diffuser are trashed and ofcourse the rearbelly pan and diffuser. Drivers door does not close properly and the drivers seat does not slide.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
This was my car. I never had Goodyears but I could spin the Bridgestones with ease Lost it on Memorial drive. Hit median under the drivers door and spun it backward into the right had curb. Luckily no other party involved. The only thing I bruised was my ego...Thank god for Drew's Policy which made me whole.

Car has frame damage under drivers door, suspension/wheel damage left front and rear, cracked transmission, movement in the diagonal engine brace on the left. Cosmetically the left rocker and diffuser are trashed and ofcourse the rearbelly pan and diffuser. Drivers door does not close properly and the drivers seat does not slide.

so in other word the car is a total loss

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
so in other word the car is a total loss

not even close. this car can be repaired very easily....

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I think what he meant was that it was a total loss for the owner -

I see one bidder's name in there at 100k and I think we all know him...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Simon,
Glad your ego was the only damage! Hope to see you soon in another GT!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Thanks Ron!!

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Last Bid $100,050.00

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
So Simon,
Talk to us about Drew's policy .......insurance Policy ?

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Yes we know all about this car. Estimated cost for us to repair is $30k.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Drew's company was quick, courteous, professional. I recommend him without reservation. Pleasure to work with at such a stressful time. Plus he was the most competitive in pricing.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
My last bid was 100k, I am going to wait till Monday and see were the biding ends up before I bid anymore. I went and inspected the car this morning and it is in need of a frame section on the left side , just so happens I have the right side frame section as well as the wheels, shock, belly pans, and I also have the transmission that will need to be replaced, and some back woods know how on how to make it look new again. :)

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Simon.
Can always buy another car.
Glad that you weren't hurt.
Best,
Mark