Custom Color Suggestions?

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
Hi all, Buried somewhere in the forum I saw someone post a sheet of suggested other manufacturers colors. After hour plus searching have been unable to dig it up. Anyone know where it is? And beyond that sheet, any favorite directions for a custom color? The infinite options are a bit daunting...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think around 10% of ECP are Porsche colors. You can't go wrong there.

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
For the money you will spend , In my opinion, pick a unique color for yourself vs some “ already used color”
Ajb (andy)

Reactions: Ed Sims

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’m buying a Ford . I want a ford color!
Silver rules!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
These are no lists or pages that compile PST colors and cars. At this point there are so many different ones. We used Cars and Coffees to look at cars, and constantly looked at anything on the road, and tried to envision it on a GT. We also when at a dealership, would look at the color books. Its a tough choice, good luck!

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
While I'm not an owner of a GT (prior gen or NGT), I have several friends who do have them both, the GT is my dream car and I always told people, had my lucky lotto numbers came true, my NGT would be an ECP order and it would always always always be painted a color called Verde Artemis! This is a Lamborghini color they used on the 2004 Murcielago 40th Anniversary Edition. It's labeled a jade green but looks blue in almost all photos (the color doesn't seem to captured in the digital color spectrum these camera have). It really shifts based on the light it's in.

Having seen this exact car at the local Lamborghini dealer (Kerbeck in Palmyra) back in late 2003, the color is STUNNING in person and on a bright sunny day, it would be incredible! I can't post photos but give it a look if you want something unique & different! 👍 Be sure to look at a lot of pictures as the shade changes in almost every photo.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Black 3.0

Reactions: JWZ and KJD

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Light colors without stripes work best with NFGT....but you should pick whatever you like.

Reactions: GKW05GT

GLH

Apr 19, 2016
The Lincoln color, Flight Blue, would be pretty awesome.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
That is the biggest hurdle! Just THE right color for you! The single most important check box! Lotsa blues out there. Porsche & Lambo colors as well! All look nice! We went Basic Black no stripes. A lot going on with GTs lines. Felt stripes may interrupt those lines. And yes- Black is Beautiful! Keep us posted on your choice! Congratulations!

Reactions: GKW05GT

rs122179

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2019
The Lincoln color, Flight Blue, would be pretty awesome.
I almost order that color. There was talk of that being a base color at one point. I'd love to see how it looks!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
If you like blue, I was thinking about Ford Focus RS nitrous blue. It is a metallic, gorgeous in sun light. Can even add orange stripes and make your own gulf version. I did not have the nerve to do it at last minute, but would really like to see one!!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Maybe there would be no upcharge since it is a ford color!!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
If you like blue, I was thinking about Ford Focus RS nitrous blue. It is a metallic, gorgeous in sun light. Can even add orange stripes and make your own gulf version. I did not have the nerve to do it at last minute, but would really like to see one!!

A dealer in MI. has a 2021 NGT with Ford Focus RS nitrous blue. It is s beautiful blue.

Please don't pick Grabber Blue! Its a terrible color :)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Blue is best , with stripes !
Andy (ajb)

Reactions: italianjoe

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida
There’s a page out there on Instagram, don’t recall the account but I know there was a list of colors on it

GLH

Apr 19, 2016
I almost order that color. There was talk of that being a base color at one point. I'd love to see how it looks!
I still wish you got the flight blue and added alloy gray stripes.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Maybe there would be no upcharge since it is a ford color!!

I do believe there is a charge if it's not one of the standard NFGT colors.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, you get the basic colors, a small upcharge for the liquid colors, and all else is full price, no matter whose color it is from the palette.

Reactions: Specracer