Copenhagen at Goodwood right now

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Since either no one else knows and or forget to mention it ( hope he doesnt get pissed off at me ) but 3 cheers to our fearless friend, ex - car hoarder :facepalm: :lol and general all round weasel :wink who's participating in the Goodwood Revival this weekend :cheers: :thumbsup
He's partnered with Rupert Keegan :driving:
Atta boy Anders !!! :thumbsup:thumbsup::willy

He's racing his 1965 Mustang in Race 6 Shelby Cup which is for small block V8's raced before 1966.
I think it can be seen live on Eurosport tomorrow morning from 9am to 11am Eastern standard time. His car sure sounds good!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Go Anders!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Pictures!!!!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Go Anders, go!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Since either no one else knows and or forget to mention it ( hope he doesnt get pissed off at me ) but 3 cheers to our fearless friend, ex - car hoarder :facepalm: :lol and general all round weasel :wink who's participating in the Goodwood Revival this weekend :cheers: :thumbsup
He's partnered with Rupert Keegan :driving:
Atta boy Anders !!! :thumbsup:thumbsup::willy

He's racing his 1965 Mustang in Race 6 Shelby Cup which is for small block V8's raced before 1966.
I think it can be seen live on Eurosport tomorrow morning from 9am to 11am Eastern standard time. His car sure sounds good!

Thanks Guys :wink

Goodwood Revival is just as awesome as they say - like stepping back into the sixties and the bunch cars they have gathered is just spectacular.

For me and the team, it has been a hectic few days. The car is really doing the final shakedown test after a long restoration here on the track, so small problems have been encountered and had to be dealt with - but I think we are allright for the main race today.
Main problem is me - the driver - as it´s my first time here. Oh man they are driving fast around those fast corners :biggrin Did my first 8 laps yesterday in qualifying and times were almost to be ashamed off. Did shave about 6 seconds off my lap time, but still way off pace.

My car is about 150-175 kilos heavier than the others, some are running Tilton clutches and propably other performance modifications - so we are really not competitive with the fastest. Rupert Keegan did our best lap and qualified 22nd of the 30 cars - and looking at the times, the field is really divided into the very fast cars and the more "normal cars" :confused

Not sure about Eurosport coverage - but the stream live on the Goodwood Revival page from around 14.45 UK time.

Will get back tonight with Pictures from the race

Cheers
Anders

DSC_0034.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am rooting for you anyway!! GO ANDERS!!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I am rooting for you anyway!! GO ANDERS!!!

I second that. Have fun and be safe.

Sounds like my first experience with AHRMA racing. I expected to see a bunch of old codgers puttering around on poorly running antique motorcycles. Boy was I wrong.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I've seen you drive on track. Use all of those 4 gears!! ;-))

Get your mojo on - you still got it!!

And have fun!!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Have fun and enjoy the moment!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
The race should be on in about 18 minutes. Go Anders go!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Mr Bean is out....Go Anders!!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Boy those guys are sure sliding their cars :thumbsup

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Dang! Just saw Ander's car (26) driving off track in the grass. The leaders are really throwing their cars around on the track. Great to watch.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Love that Falcon and Cyclone!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Good effort Anders!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Anders. Sorry to see your car had a problem. Hope it is nothing serious (expensive). Looks like you were having fun until that point. You managed to get some live video coverage. Good effort!!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just got back to the hotel. Today was just an awesome experience - right up to the point where Rupert Keegan had to retire the car due to getting oil light warning. At this point we do not know what went wrong but my gut feeling is that the block cracked inside. Rupert only got 1 ½ lap in the car before this happened.

Racing went really well. I now have a total of 23 laps under my belt and just today improved an additional 7 seconds pr. lap. Give me another 30 minutes on the track and I´ll be down where the others are.

Started in 22nd position - in first corner let most pass not to get tangled up in any body damaging infights - and then over the next laps first following the others and then from lap 6 setting my sight to overtake the back markers. Passed a Barracuda, 2 Falcons and just before the Safetycar (Rowan Atkinsons accident - hitting a Mustang that spun right in front of him due to oil spill on track) was put on the track, I was abouth to pass one of the Mustangs.

Had a great time doing 1 ½ lap right behind the SC :wink

Pictures and more to come when I have them downloaded fra the various cameras.

Not counting the DNF it was a great day:thumbsup

:cheers
Anders

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Looking forward to the pics and the stories :thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Did you get the "team" uniforms?