Convertible Weather In December!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
OK, I know for you guys on the west coast and down south it's no big deal, but for those of us in the mid-west, we don't get days like this in December very often.

Just when I thought she was put away for the winter, we had to get her out to play one more day.

Shelby on Clinton Dam 3.JPG

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If you had tried that HERE over the past couple days (shoot, darned near ANY day this time of year for that matter) you'd have drowned!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yup, rained for 10 straight days, expecting another 7 before letting up. :frown

Greyghost, What body of water is that? Truman reservoir?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You are a dog Ghost.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Cheer up Frank. The Rams won and the Bears lost!! Or did you prefer the reverse?

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Jeff. You are blessed. It was raining here this AM or I could have put the top down going to church!! Hit 70 here today...unreal for December. Somehow I think we will pay for it later this month or in January.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
75 degrees in the Tulsa area today. I decided to get my Trek out and do 22 miles instead of cruising in the GT though. :) I really needed it.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
70 here yesterday. Supposed to be over 70 today. Rest of the week the high is in the mid 60's. Crazy for december

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
This is unreal, I've been driving the Cobra and it's December.

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
But when all is said and done, this is why I live in Florida. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=xkk7DX0l95A&Lid=12

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Greyghost, What body of water is that? Truman reservoir?

I'm actually SW of the city on the Kansas side.

This was at Clinton Lake just outside Lawrence.

Last edited:

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Jeff. You are blessed. It was raining here this AM or I could have put the top down going to church!! Hit 70 here today...unreal for December. Somehow I think we will pay for it later this month or in January.

It actually got to 130............. oh wait, were talking temps.

Your right Jack, I'm sure our days are numbered. Don't think it will be quite as calm as last year.

Delexjb

GT Owner
May 27, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Been doing nothing but raining in Portland and so the cars sit in the shop waiting for the sun.