Considering Selling

Bunkee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
I have been a Forum Member for a long time but have never posted anything.

I am considering selling my 2005 GT. I'm looking for some guidance on what the value might be, and where the best place is to sell it. Is it here, BAT, Auction?

I purchased it new. It is a 1-of-1 build in 2005. White, Factory side stripe delete, BBS Wheels, Mcintosh, Gray calipers. It currently has 2,700 miles. It has never seen rain and has been garage kept its entire life.

Before delivery, I added Ford Racing Exhaust, a different-sized pulley, and a Ford chip. I'm told it produces approximately 700HP but it has never been dyno tested. I have all the original parts if a buyer wants them. The car has been lightly driven and very well taken care of.

The Good: Based on the build specs, it is a fairly rare car. It has been maintained at the dealer I purchased it from. I have the original window sticker, 2 sets of keys, Factory car cover, and owner's manual. It is a one-owner car with a clean title and has never been in an accident.

The Bad: The car was delivered to me without the tire pump, so I do not have one.

The Ugly: I caught a rock 6 or so years ago that resulted in a small chip in the hood and it also cracked the windshield below the driver's side wiper blade. The windshield crack has not expanded and is not in the driver's view, so I chose not to replace it. I do have a new, V.I.N. correct Ford OEM windshield (still in the crate) that would go with the car.

I also have a fully optioned 2019 JimGlo trailer that I would like to sell as well.......with my GT, or separately. It is absolutely brand new in every way. Has a max of 2,500 trailer miles on it, 1,800 or so of which were empty miles. It also has been garage kept its entire life.

My only reason for considering selling it is that as much as I love this car (and trailer), I just don't drive it as often as I should. Any feedback I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: JWZ

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I am interested in the Jimglo.
Sending PM for detail on it.
Thanks
Stefan

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I am interested in the Jimglo.
Sending PM for detail on it.
Thanks
Stefan
Great minds ... just PM'd him also.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I have been following BAT for some time and appears the quickest and seamless business way to sell a GT (these days). I would also place it for sale in this forum classified section.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Car sounds very nice. I dont see how its a ‘1 of 1’ fwiw? Good luck!

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The matrix lists only one white side stripe delete with grey calipers.

Reactions: jaxgt

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The "1 of 1" doesn't matter much in the Ford GT space unlike the 60's muscle cars.

Reactions: 2112

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Does anyone know who has the red FGT on cars and bids? Red car in NC.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Does anyone know who has the red FGT on cars and bids? Red car in NC.
Small world. I don't know who the seller is now, but in July '21 it was being sold at grautogallery.com when I had Rich Brooks do a PPI on it. It didn't have cats, had more miles than I really wanted, I decided I didn't want 2 of the same color, and the seller wouldn't come down on the $310K price. With today's $345K sale price, tho, apparently the previous seller was correct not to budge.

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
PM sent.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Seems like a match made in heaven. :cool:

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Small world. I don't know who the seller is now, but in July '21 it was being sold at grautogallery.com when I had Rich Brooks do a PPI on it. It didn't have cats, had more miles than I really wanted, I decided I didn't want 2 of the same color, and the seller wouldn't come down on the $310K price. With today's $345K sale price, tho, apparently the previous seller was correct not to budge.
Ahh wow, I am looking for a car with 25 to 30K....Saw that and tried to ask a question, then got removed...Is this getting hard or what, to locate a higher milage FGT??!?!?!

Oz-ATL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 14, 2020
Atlanta
Not to derail this thread but the Tungsten example with perfect mileage on BAT right now is currently at a $30k+ discount level with only a couple hours to go. 11:00am EST

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I think that 400 these days would be the figure to get a lot of original owners to sell

Oz-ATL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 14, 2020
Atlanta
Glad it was RNM.

Reactions: 2112