Congrats to Cody, 221 mph in the mile!

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
Congrats to Cody and the all the guys from A.R.T., Cody ran 221 into a head wind today. I wished he had the boost problem fixed yesterday, he would have been 228+ with the wind.

SW

H

HHGT

WOW....:thumbsup:thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nice!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Excellent Cody! I knew you were getting frustrated with the boost problems Saturday. I'm glad you ironed it out and it is too bad you missed Saturdays weather. You could have definitely gone faster.:cheers

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Nice job Cody! After talking with everyone sounds like you could have used the nice tail wind to snatch a few extra mph. 221 is smokin............

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Congratulations Cody. 221 is definitely moving. I'm glad to hear that everyone returned home safely.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
any pix of this car?

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
Thanks guys!!! We were testing a new electronic boost controller and of course the instructions are in Japanese. We finally managed to get it figured out on Sunday but lost the good weather from Saturday.

Attachments

• txmile5.jpg
    txmile5.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 298

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A GREAT RUN CODY.:thumbsup

Wish I could have made it down to watch and visit with all.

:cheers

GARY J

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2006
Looks great! Congrats guys.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
It would be wild to see a video from inside the car !

Hint ! Hint ! :biggrin

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Congrats. I should've said Hello but I was really hung over and hating life.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
That's just unreal. :cheers
I have yet to join the 200 mph club....what are the different handling characteristics at 200+ from 160?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Incredible. 220+ is quickly becomming the new TT standard, and about 200 for the modified non-turbo GT's. I'm curious if any 390 gear GT's have made the run and their speed. Also curious how Rick's TT/390 GTX1 would run the mile :cheers

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Incredible. 220+ is quickly becomming the new TT standard, and about 200 for the modified non-turbo GT's. I'm curious if any 390 gear GT's have made the run and their speed. Also curious how Rick's TT/390 GTX1 would run the mile :cheers

There was a whippled 3.90 geared car that ran at the airport event a few weeks maybe a month ago. If I remember correctly he was solidly in the 200+ range, I just don't remember exactly where.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't think he actually ran it for a standing mile. He definitely went over 200 but not sure how long of a distance it was over. I would be willing to be a Whipple 3.90 car would be WELL over 200 in a standing mile.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

This is where THughes needs to step in. He was at The Mile this weekend with his 3.90 car. I don't remember the other mods he had done but he was concerned that there was something wrong with his car because he had run in the 170's before and was only getting into the 160's this weekend with the 3.90 gearing. I imagine right now he is making arrangements to have his tune checked.

Could the 3.90 gears rob that much from the top end?

THughes

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
I was keeping quiet but now that I have been called out here is my story. My car has the gen. 1 whipple with a 19 psi pulley, headers, high flow cats with an Ida pipe. I was running 100 octane fuel in my car, I have the 3:90 gear and Stillen's clutch, I run the stock Goodyear tires. Now for the story. On Friday I made two passes the first was 161 and the second was 167. On both of the passes my car was pulling power out in third gear and above. After a few calls to Shadowman, he arranged to have Soroush bring an SCT tuner to the mile to see if we could isolate the problem. First pass with the new tune was 197 but I short shifted all the gears and had to go to 6th, I thought I would be able to stay in 5th but when the rev limiter hit, I shifted to 6th. The next pass was better, I shifted about 6800 from first all the way into 5th and then pulled 6th at 6500 and the car ran 201.7. I think that the car would run 205 or so but we needed to start heading home, we had a 1000 mile trip ahead of us.

I need to give a BIG thank-you to Shadowman for busting his butt to get an SCT to me, I think I took some years off his life with my first phone call.

Also to Soroush for bringing the new tunes and his SCT down to Goliad so we could see if we could find the problem.

I know it has been said before but the GT Forum guys are awesome!!! I live in Nebraska so I don't have much of a chance to meet other GT owners, but my experiences are that they are all TOP SHELF.

Ted

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
Ted it was nice meeting you and glad you got the problem fixed.

Last edited:

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
Congrats. I should've said Hello but I was really hung over and hating life.

So that must have been you hanging out with Kdub? When's the car going to be ready?