ClearPlex on windshield

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Make sure you tell the owner that i referred you to them. https://pureluxurytintanddetailing.com/

Reactions: Nafod

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A long time ago, got pre cut / formed pieces of Clearplex from a forum member here, as like you, could not find anyone in MA to do it (even talked to Clearplex rep). Wound up finding a tint installer to install the pieces on the 05 and 18 (tint guys seem to be the ones interested vs PPF guys). The clarity is diminished, but for the protection, I would do it again (have a nice impact mark in my sight line of the 18, where a rock hit).

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Are the precut pieces still available or was that a one-time deal?

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I purchased and installed one of those clearplex's back then too. I think that was a one time deal from a member.

It has held up well still looks good and clear. My ppf is yellowing out and I'm going to have it removed and replaced.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Trent (Not 4N) was the guy in 2015 who negotiated a group buy at a discount and delivered them to us. I haven't seen many messages from him on the Forum recently.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
So can one still buy the precut piece?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I found a guy from Conn that will travel to me and install in a few weeks.... I will keep you guys posted on how it goes....
Jeff
I’ll be curious how it comes out and cost