Charlotte GT technician?

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Can anyone recommend a GT technician in Charlotte, NC? I am looking at acquiring a 05/06 GT and I wanted to know if there might be local source to handle basic services like fluids and other maintenance items. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
So while not exactly local, 90 miles away, there is a guy named Dexter, who used to work out of Scottsdale Az who has a real good reputation. I almost used him for a PPI. If you search the forum for diesel mechanic in NC, you can find his cell number.

Spoke with Mark today, good work getting the car to go to his shop.

Reactions: Semperfi3069

Tomcat

GT Owner
That would be my recommendation too, Dex.
I'm near of Greensboro North Carolina if I can offer any support.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
I tried searching, but could not find contact info. Do either of you have his number? Which shop does he work out of? Thanks.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Dex
828-290-6410
semperfi3069

Works out of Hendersonville.......he works as a diesel mechanic during the week and does GTs on the weekend. Good resource to have around.

Tomcat

GT Owner
A number of Charlotte/Lake Norman owners (not very active on this forum) use him.

Semperfi3069

Sep 26, 2008
Hendersonville, NC
Thank you all for the recommendation ! That means a lot to be trusted. I have reached out to Cadster.

Reactions: Cadster

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Talked at length to Dexter today. That dude is so sharp and so knowledgeable. His command of the subject material is completely confidence inspiring. I’ll be using him for my local maintenance needs. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
I am not sure if Dex is performing GT services any longer. I have fallen out of communication with him. Are there any other local GT owners that would be able to provide recommendations for service?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Sorry you lost your tech, but it is nice to see you here. Even in a city the size of Houston, it is very hard to find a truly qualified tech. I had a bad experience with a guy who was allegedly qualified at a dealer.

Reactions: Cadster

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Sorry you lost your tech, but it is nice to see you here. Even in a city the size of Houston, it is very hard to find a truly qualified tech. I had a bad experience with a guy who was allegedly qualified at a dealer.

You ain’t kidding. It’s super tough. There’s a couple of us that have our cars within a couple minutes of each other. We might work on bringing someone in from out of town.