Center Lock and/or Halibrand Wheels

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I recall a couple different threads where different guys were working on some custom wheels. If I recall correctly, someone was working on a set of Halibrand 'looking' wheels, and someone else was working on a Center Lock wheel.

.............and both were to make an appearance shortly after the threads were posted.

Any updates.....or did I start St. Patty's Day too early? :beer2:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Any updates.....or did I start St. Patty's Day too early? :beer2:

"No" to the former..."Yes" to the latter! :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
...If I recall correctly, someone was working on a set of Halibrand 'looking' wheels, ...

I think Kirby was working on the Halibrand wheels. Haven't seen an update lately.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Received some info from Halibrand about the time of SEMA but decided not to post it because the subject had become a 3 year emotional roller-coaster ride, and I thought it best to just let everyone be potentially surprised rather than likely disappointed. Halibrand planned to introduce a wheel in the current approximate time frame for both the Mustang and the FGT. In light of the current economic climate and the investment required to bring it to market, I expect it's on the back burner. IMO Halibrand is perhaps the only wheel company that could make what we want at an affordable price. The engineering work was completed for Ford, but the BBS wheels were acceptable and less expensive and that's what we have. Halibrand claims their design for the front wheel with a knock-off did not extend outside the wheel well. Forgeline also provided a design, but the front wheel looked like it belonged on a chariot. :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Forgeline also provided a design, but the front wheel looked like it belonged on a chariot. :cheers

Aaaaaaaaah! The "Ben Hur" model GT40 wheel, n'est pas?!:biggrin