Carbon series interior question

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Does the carbon series interior have more exposed carbon compared to the standard interior or is the only difference the use of white stitching and changing cloth to Alcanatra?

This photo shows CF on the center console and the door sills.

2019_ford_gt_carbon_series_11_2560x1440.jpg

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, it has more than the absolute standard *base* interior. It doesn't have anymore than the upgrade leather interiors.

The tub sills, the panel next to them, and the upper portion of the center tunnel are CF instead of Alcantara-wrapped. They are the same in an interior like Launch Control or Dark Energy Upgrade. Otherwise, full alcantara seats, silver stitching, silver paddles.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What is the weight savings between the CE interior vs upgraded interior with leather? I realize the base interior is most likely almost identical in weight to the CE.

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The overall difference is something like 40lbs, I too would suggest that carbon, vs an optional leather interior is very small especially as the head unit (screen in dash) is there on both cars.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Yes, it has more than the absolute standard *base* interior. It doesn't have anymore than the upgrade leather interiors.

The tub sills, the panel next to them, and the upper portion of the center tunnel are CF instead of Alcantara-wrapped. They are the same in an interior like Launch Control or Dark Energy Upgrade. Otherwise, full alcantara seats, silver stitching, silver paddles.

View attachment 57907

Is it difficult to remove the bulkhead alcantara liner?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Removing it? Probably not, but I haven't asked in a while how they are currently affixing it. However, they stopped finishing the rear bulkhead cosmetically so if you removed the panel it would not be aesthetically "finished" as the rest of the CF.

Reactions: Simon

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI

View attachment 57907

Sounds good! Going with Carbon Series.

GLH

Apr 19, 2016
The register vent pods on the door are also carbon fiber.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The overall difference is something like 40lbs, I too would suggest that carbon, vs an optional leather interior is very small especially as the head unit (screen in dash) is there on both cars.
40 lbs is a lot for leather.

Ed