Carbon Revolution Wheels

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Spent some time admiring the CF wheels while applying the ceramic coating. Pretty cool stuff.

For your tire shop :

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I got a tire machine last year, and specifically called Carbon Revolution, to ask about mounting. They said a CF wheel really is no different than a "normal" high end wheel. It functionally mounts and dismounts as usual, but like a normal high end aluminum wheel, cosmetics are VERY important. A "touchless" / leverless, center mount (not a rim clamp) design is suggested, but as shown in the video above, can be done with a traditional machine that uses a bar (better hope the operator is really good).

Reactions: Special K

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’ll let get good at yours before I ask you to do mine!
Thanks in advance!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
My detailer told me while ceramic coating is nice its really not necessary with carbon ceramic set ups because they are not as dusty as standard set ups. Any one willing to share their experience with non coated wheels that are driven(GT or otherwise).

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Well sure Simon, when you don't drive your car, its hard to get the wheels dirty... so no need to ceramic coat them... LOL

Mark H.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas

Mark let's see the 300 +mph on your signature! still showing 293.6 sure missed seeing you this last weekend!

Stay safe and healthy!!!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
We missed the mile event last weekend for sure. Seeing everyone and being around our car family left a blank in our hearts. During these difficult times, we knew it was for the best and cant wait till we all are out racing again. Thanks for the update I needed... Just made the changes....

Thanks,
Mark H

Reactions: Ed Sims