Canceled flights to Rally 13.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Well we were scheduled to fly out of Tampa at 8:15 am on American airlines on 10/30/21 and at 10:30 pm the 29th they canceled the flights. Called them and they are very rude and could give a shit!!! The customer service guy on the phone say's we have a flight on Sunday which I stated that's not going to work and he says what else can I do that's your choice. I told him we insured the reservation so he could just have a big pile of cash at the gate when I get there. So we booked another flight with United and I hope it goes better with them. My wife booked the flights month's ago and I warned her that every time we fly them they over book the flights and kick people to another flight and give a voucher and think all is good. Not going to ever fly American again... See you all there and Thanks for flying United..

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Ridiculous! See you at the Rally!

Reactions: extrap

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I am flying American as well. Booked the reservation long ago, and they also changed my flight. Thankfully its on the same day, but super early—I land around 10:15 am (so fairly—I’m coming from New York!). But it’s better than too late. See you all soon!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
That just plain sucks.
It's a service business, there should be a means of retribution!
Best,
Mark

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That's pathetic (n) (n)

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hang in there Dave and we will see you in Scottsdale.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Years ago, before the current Covid excuses, American bumped me to a different flight back to the same city (Washington DC), but not the same airport (BWI instead of National). They did it twice, both times claiming it was due to “equipment.” No, it wasn’t. It was so they didn’t fly two planes that were 40% full when they could fly one that was 80% full. Therefore, I refuse to book reservations on American, unless it’s the only route available.

Reactions: 68Rcodeman