Canadian Insurance companies

ottawa1967

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2019
Hey everyone,
Just purchased a 2005 and am getting a bit of pricing runaround from Hagerty on an insurance quote (I have 4 cars with them and am claim free for 15 years).
Wondering who you guys are using in Canada (Ontario) and what you're paying for agreed value / replacement value.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A typo I assume (2015)..

Surprised on Hagerty, had zero problems when getting going with them~10 years, ago, adding other cars, and then the 2018.

Just purchased a 2015

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I got my car this past spring and I had an insurance runaround with several insurance companies that insured 3 of my other cars (68 GT500, 93 Mustang GT and 087 Shelby GT-H). They said they couldn't insure my newly acquired 06 Ford GT as it was too expensive. In the end I moved my 68 GT500 over to Hagerty and combined the insurance on my 68 GT500 with my 06 FGT.

Hagerty seemed to understand what I needed and the type of car enthusiast that I am.

QSS

ottawa1967

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2019
A typo I assume (2015)..

Surprised on Hagerty, had zero problems when getting going with them~10 years, ago, adding other cars, and then the 2018.
Yes, I have corrected it

ottawa1967

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2019
Any of you guys have to sign something like this? I have 4 other cars with Hagerty and this is the only car they are adding this to.

NPCF RUW Restricted Usage Warranty
2005 Ford GT
This form defines and restricts the meaning of 'pleasure only' as stated on the Certificate of Insurance as follows: 
The vehicle(s) described above will be exclusively used for hobby a/o collector car activities; 
The vehicle(s) described above will not be used for regular transportation including, but not limited to commuting to and from work or school, shopping, running errands, business, vacationing or as a temporary substitute vehicle; 
The vehicle(s) described above will only be used for other than hobby and/or collector car activities to facilitate repair and maintenance of the vehicle(s);

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I use State Farm for all my cars and home.
andy (ajb)

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
All my vintage cars are with Hagerty, but all the contemporary are with Intact.

I have a defined value on most of my cars. Sorry cannot help with price since all my cars are lumped together, and it is so dependant on where the car is parked at night.