Can anyone help me with placing a deposit?

Tupps11

Feb 26, 2009
Beirut/Lebanon
Hey guys,

Been a while since i posted here. Made a shift from Ford, to Lambo, and most recently Ferrari. Kept my Scuderia for about 4 years, and just recently took delivery of my F12.

Ive been keeping an eye on the news waiting to see what Ford will come up with for the new GT. Needless to say, i fell in love with it the moment i saw it, and am trying to secure an allocation by putting down a deposit. Im sure there are a bunch of dealers here and/or collectors who can point me in the right direction. Im currently working for Johns Hopkins overseas, but have my permanent residence in SoCal (Irvine). Wouldn't mind putting a deposit at a North American dealer and registering/driving/storing it at my home in Cali.

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I can help.Please send your money to my address listed in my profile .
I get back to you in year!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
No list to be on yet. The dealers don't even know if they are getting them. It is listed at the 2017 Ford GT, so I suspect it will be a while before you can be on any official list. I would contact HIGH volume dealers (as they will most likely get several allocations) and see if they would be willing to take your money. Other than that no suggestions. Ford has not announced a target production number yet so it is unclear if they will be available to the unwashed masses or just us. ;)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
to what Fubar said, try again 18 months with the dealer - if sold through dealer.

If designed for race the outlet could be different

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I put my name on the "list" at our highest volume Ford dealer.

They would not take a deposit...

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Lists are irrelevant. It's going to be worse than 04/05 if the supply is going to be limited. Hell, I remember when I got mine there were guys still paying north of 250 a pop. You can't stop the free market

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I can help.Please send your money to my address listed in my profile .
I get back to you in year!

I knew we could depend on Ron for help!

Tupps11

Feb 26, 2009
Beirut/Lebanon
I'd imagine without an actual deposit, lists mean nothing. Im willing to put down money and wait. I don't even care if i get second year production. Im patient, and am satisfied with my current stable. Just don't wanna miss out on getting a new one with my own choice of color and specs. Missed out last time in 05 and was forced to resort to second hand market search. Never found what i wanted unless it was already really high mileage or owner wasn't interested in selling.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Dealers aren't taking deposits but a few are making lists. If you're in Southern Cal I would talk to the highest up individual you can get ahold of at Galpin Ford. The floor sales staff will look at you with the doe-in-the-headlights expression. Try to get up the food chain.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
When you fall in love, how long before you fall out of love?

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I'll take one with 50K miles on it in 5 years, but somehow I don't think any of these cars will ever see 50K miles!!!!

Glenn Quagmire

Jan 13, 2015
MN
Anyone know who the highest volume dealers are in the Midwest?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone know who the highest volume dealers are in the Midwest?

I'd be willing to bet a 6-pack of Bud Light that a dealer that didn't sell a Ford GT won't be invited to the new party. Start by looking for dealers that sold GTs in 2005 (and later).

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I'll take one with 50K miles on it in 5 years, but somehow I don't think any of these cars will ever see 50K miles!!!!

It would if I owned one.

entrpnr

Jan 12, 2015
Hey guys. Joined up today after lurking. Great forum. My neighbor owns a ford dealer here and he got 3 a year last round of GT's. Luckily got 1st in line. Hopefully he gets them this time around. He's pretty high volume

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Lists are irrelevant. It's going to be worse than 04/05 if the supply is going to be limited. Hell, I remember when I got mine there were guys still paying north of 250 a pop. You can't stop the free market

I had the same experience. I was on a "list" with my local dealer from whom I purchased several cars. The "list" was created in early 2004. When they got their allocation for their first red/white stripe car late in the spring of 2005 they followed through and called me first. I asked, "How much?" Their response was, "seriously, you have to ask?" My response was "Yes". The answer was $100,000 over MSRP. "What is MSRP?" I asked. Answer: "We don't know." I told them to go f@€k themselves. Five months later I bought a brand new 2005 in the colors and options I wanted for $7K UNDER MSRP. Don't even get me started with dealers!!! They ended up selling it to a buyer 2,000 miles outside their territory who in turn flipped it. In my opinion it is best to be patient. There are idiots out there.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

It would if I owned one.

Now that's an understatement Jeff. You'd see 50K for about a nano second on your way to 100k!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

It would if I owned one.

Jeff I agree!!! However, I think if speculation is correct, the folks who buy this car won't be putting 50k miles on it. Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Forget about it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Jeff I agree!!! However, I think if speculation is correct, the folks who buy this car won't be putting 50k miles on it. Hope I'm wrong.

I do believe you're wrong because I think as the cars get rarer and more costly, mileage matters less than condition. What's a 30,000 mile Enzo worth? I have no idea, but I guarantee it's a whole hell of a lot more than the original MSRP as long as it's been well cared for. If the car is desirable, and is viewed as having instant and long-term collectible status, owners will feel more free to use it. See: regular production Ferrari 3k mile broken-seal syndrome.