Camaro done......again?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very nice Indeed,

that dark blue 500 is my absolute favorite color for any car let alone a 500, very cool. thanks for sharing

I see youre sporting the 17" magnums as well on the 70!

A long time friend of mine had a 67 convertible with a cleveland in it, have a lot of memories with that car. he still has the car but the motor is long gone he turned to the dark side for a windsor based 427 stroker and twin turbos. it was part of a long term restomod project that has taken over 10 years and is still unfinished :)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Those wheels came on the car and are now gone. They were Scott Drakes. I have brand new Wheel Vintique 15x7" and 15x8" Magnum 500's with 235 and 255 BFG's on it.

But I think if I gently roll the fender lips I could get 245 and 275 CR6ZZ Avon's in there.

Would love to do the same with the GT500 but everyone loses their minds when you "touch" a Shelby.

I still might do it. I love the performance and look of meaty tires.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
These are CR6ZZ Avons, shaved and lettered.

Attachments

• IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: BAT and 93extxdps

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
A long time friend of mine had a 67 convertible with a cleveland in it, have a lot of memories with that car. he still has the car but the motor is long gone he turned to the dark side for a windsor based 427 stroker and twin turbos. it was part of a long term restomod project that has taken over 10 years and is still unfinished :)

Twin Turbo 427 sounds insane. The plumbing alone sounds very daunting. It comes so naturally for rear engined FGT's.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
According to an update on the Hagerty link, GM is now saying the Gen 7 Camaro is delayed, not killed off.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I know what you mean about touching the shelby i had to deal with the purist mentality on the boss forums for years... of course my boss is anything but and I could never understand keeping everything original. I modify all my cars to my taste. I say if you want to roll the fenders go for it, If im not mistaken I think the boss came from the factory with rolled fenders mine are rolled anyway as long as youre not damaging the car tasteful mods add to the experience of owning the car. I have 255s on vintage 45s on the boss and the car is dropped more than 3 inches its basically riding on the ground< i still drive the piss out of it and enjoy every minute of driving bliss, If I rub on the ground a little here and there oh well price to pay to be happy :)

this whole new mentality of cars for investment is really ruining the hobby . I dont think you should abuse the car but at the same time dont be a slave to the car either.

those wheels look good!!!

IMG_9210.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Twin Turbo 427 sounds insane. The plumbing alone sounds very daunting. It comes so naturally for rear engined FGT's.
well that was a big part of the problem he had the car at shop in san antonio for years to get all the plumbing done make the intercoolers etc. short version after years of spending time sitting at the shop it never got done.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
THAT is how a B2 should be set-up! Looks well sorted and meant for business.

Agreed on the investment mentality. Ugh.

My favorite way to rig Gen I muscle/Sports cars is what I will parrot and call Day 2. Period improvements with the exception of tires. They need to be sticky Radials.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
According to an update on the Hagerty link, GM is now saying the Gen 7 Camaro is delayed, not killed off.

Perhaps the leak (or whatever it was) about the Camaro's demise was simply a trial balloon launched to see what kind of reaction it'd generate.
Stranger things have happened...

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Perhaps the leak (or whatever it was) about the Camaro's demise was simply a trail balloon launched to see what kind of reaction it'd generate.
Stranger things have happened...
P
Sure that's another possibility. But a paradigm shift is coming, these cars aren't going to last too much longer.

Reactions: Stef

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Maybe they mean first for GM?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Maybe they mean first for GM?

Possibly.
Ya...let's go with that. (y)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
P
Sure that's another possibility. But a paradigm shift is coming, these cars aren't going to last too much longer.
I suspect one more generation and we will all starts to see the signs even more clearly. it will be interesting to see what that does to the
cars-as-investment market! as the number of car crazy people start dying off ie baby boomers, gen X. another 40 years or so... unless we are forced to start driving electric cubes or cubes start to drive us by force, then maybe not even 40 years.
the number of driver licenses issued to young drivers at all time low... just one of those little tell-tale signs.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Here in Michigan this news puts about 3,000 suppliers workers in the unemployment lines.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Here in Michigan this news puts about 3,000 suppliers workers in the unemployment lines.

That's the REAL shame of it all...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Not to mention, The best Mustangs owe a lot to having great competition.