Cadillac CTS-V Time Slip: 11.9 at 122

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The time slip was on the windshield of an all black 09, rather large looking Cadillac Sedan at a car show today. Owner saids it is factory stock except for a tune. He said it smoked several Vettes and GT500's. :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
cool, I actually thought about buying one when my M5 lease is over:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The time slip was on the windshield of an all black 09, rather large looking Cadillac Sedan at a car show today. Owner saids it is factory stock except for a tune. He said it smoked several Vettes and GT500's. :cheers

HOLY SUFFERIN' SOCKS! I know those things have a 556 horse mill (stock) - but, krymuny!:eek

'Wonder what the new coupe will do?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2006

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The stock CTS-V I drove was clearly faster than my GT500. It is a great car. I think it's the best car GM has made to date.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
got mine a few weeks ago... traded my M6. Best trade I've ever made.

Dyno'd stock at 454
w/ tune 483

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Dyno'd stock at 454
w/ tune 483

I am very happy to hear that. Hopefully Cadillac can lure more buyers away from the European sedans. Although I've never owned a BMW, Audi or Mercedes, the CTS-V appears to be a much better value than anything they are producing with similar performance.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I am very happy to hear that. Hopefully Cadillac can lure more buyers away from the European sedans. Although I've never owned a BMW, Audi or Mercedes, the CTS-V appears to be a much better value than anything they are producing with similar performance.

'Small aside: the CTS-V's optional front buckets LOOK great...and I would imagine they actually are.

Buuuuuuuuut, Pockets wants to see the new coupe in 3D. Four doors is two too many. (Four doors iz fer OLD people!:biggrin)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
How much are you guys getting these for?

I think it would make a wonderful family hauler and performance car...

Not sure if it is worth getting one though, since I will have to listen to Sam harass me for the rest of my life...

H

HHGT

How much are you guys getting these for?

I think it would make a wonderful family hauler and performance car...

Not sure if it is worth getting one though, since I will have to listen to Sam harass me for the rest of my life...

Darn Right!!!

I can get them for MSRP if you want one Randy. The dealer I know has one with the good seats...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The stock CTS-V I drove was clearly faster than my GT500. It is a great car. I think it's the best car GM has made to date.

Dyno'd stock at 454
w/ tune 483

Darn Right!!!

I can get them for MSRP if you want one Randy. The dealer I know has one with the good seats...

And Obama got rid of Waggoner...!! Seemed like he had pretty good vision. Hope the replacement carries these good ideas forward.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
And Obama got rid of Waggoner...!! Seemed like he had pretty good vision. Hope the replacement carries these good ideas forward.

Soon GM will be building cars no one wants buy!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Soon GM will be building cars no one wants buy!

The 552 hp Z/28 Camaro has already bitten the dust because of "PC" concerns generated by the bailout...:frown

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That Recaro interior is gorgeous.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The 552 hp Z/28 Camaro has already bitten the dust because of "PC" concerns generated by the bailout...:frown

Yep, soon GM will be build mostly eco-friendly cars that will only sell with a subsidy from the government. Big HP, CO2 belchers will be canceled as a condition of financing.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Yep, soon GM will be build mostly eco-friendly cars that will only sell with a subsidy from the government. Big HP, CO2 belchers will be canceled as a condition of financing.

They'll make everything that nobody wants!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Checked one out today at Martin Cadillac here in SoCal. Grey with black interior, 6 sp and seats. Darn near drooled all over everything while sitting inside. :eek

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Checked one out today at Martin Cadillac here in SoCal. Grey with black interior, 6 sp and seats. Darn near drooled all over everything while sitting inside. :eek

Hahah.

I see that you waited about 6 hours before getting curious...

That Thunder Gray looks really nice. Wow. That is the perfect set up that you saw. The dealer on Harbor has a $2K ADM on the window of a Thunder Gray, auto, regular seats, hard top.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

"Good vision?" Are you being serious? He was the embodiment of Mr. Magoo when it came to seeing the big picture. Hell, he was still preaching that GM's financial woes were all caused by the financial crisis...never mind the 30+ years of poor management that preceded it!

Back on topic....the CTS-V looks great. Make mine Thunder Grey w/ Recaros and a 6 speed!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
GM stock lost a staggering 98 percent of its value during CEO Waggoner's turn at the helm...