Bra for GT

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I recall an outfit which sold custom bras for our GTs and cant remember the name. Autobikini???

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I recall an outfit which sold custom bras for our GTs and cant remember the name. Autobikini???
Playtex

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Only if you want a "living Bra", how old it that?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Jane Russell.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
And for the first serious response on this thread.....:lol

SpeedLingerie.com, Inc. - World's Finest Automotive Bra
1917 Old Middlefield Way Suite#5 Mt.View,CA 94043 USA
Direct:650.964-2584 Fax:650.964.2586
Toll-Free:800.570.1579 www.speedlingerie.com

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have a brand new blue /white stripe Speed Lingerie one for sale if anyone is interested

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I also have a couple new ones for sale. I have a solid black one and also a yellow one with black stripes. Both brand new

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't think he's gonna want a black one or a yellow with black stripes for a Tungsten car.

10,000 thread in this section is about bras. Fitting.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I don't think he's gonna want a black one or a yellow with black stripes for a Tungsten car.

10,000 thread in this section is about bras. Fitting.

Why not? Some people like to be a little different!
I was merely posting that incase ANYONE ELSE is interested that may be reading this thread. Doubt he wants rocketmans blue one either....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I was merely posting that incase ANYONE ELSE is interested that may be reading this thread. Doubt he wants rocketmans blue one either....

Thanks for clearing that up. :lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I definitely dislike the look of a vinyl bra on the front of any car but especially the GT. I dislike the little bras on the mirrors the most. A clear bra aka protective film is the way to go. Some of the new stuff out there is amazing. 40% of my GT has the Xpel film. Self-healing, no yellowing, no hardening, no harm to paint, invisible.

http://www.expel.com

Ed

PS Do a search on the Forum as there is a lot of info on removable bras & clear film.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

:lol :lol

I did hear that there is a new method that Jockey is promoting -

http://www.jockey.com/Home/Bra

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I definitely dislike the look of a vinyl bra on the front of any car but especially the GT. I dislike the little bras on the mirrors the most. A clear bra aka protective film is the way to go. Some of the new stuff out there is amazing. 40% of my GT has the Xpel film. Self-healing, no yellowing, no hardening, no harm to paint, invisible.

http://www.expel.com

Ed

PS Do a search on the Forum as there is a lot of info on removable bras & clear film.

That's what I have on mine as well, Ed. Could you tell me where you got yours done? I'm less than pleased with the job my installer did and need to get several panels redone.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
That's what I have on mine as well, Ed. Could you tell me where you got yours done? I'm less than pleased with the job my installer did and need to get several panels redone.

I had my Expel done also everything available about 40% by Atlanta Protective films who did an unbelievable job and because of all the panel breaks not really able to see it unless you know it's there. I also watched what was involved and the painstaking and redoing areas until it was perfect. He spent about 7 hours to do it right but he is a perfectionist. It is ALL about the install.

Attachments

• gtd.jpg
    gtd.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Is the entire front end covered?

I had my Expel done also everything available about 40% by Atlanta Protective films who did an unbelievable job and because of all the panel breaks not really able to see it unless you know it's there. I also watched what was involved and the painstaking and redoing areas until it was perfect. He spent about 7 hours to do it right but he is a perfectionist. It is ALL about the install.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Thanks for clearing that up. :lol

Always being helpful. The last time he helped me, next thing I knew I had a Mac Spider. (Although in fairness he sent me to another dealer)

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Simon's question,
Is the entire front end covered?

Entire front end of car including fenders, hood, headlights, lower grille area, mirrors ,lower rocker panels, removed the factory piece, and the rear fender area behind wheels. The way the front end is divided it is perfect for the installation. I can't stress enough the importance of a qualified installer.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Thanks to all ye dirty old men. I appreciate all the input. I hate bras too in all occasions. !!!! :) I really just wanted to buy it for the drive to Rally from SoCal and back and then throw away!!! I have always disliked clear bra on cars. My neighbor has them on several cars including Black Ferrari 599. On most colors it seems like your are making your car look ugly just to protect the paint!!! Plus I have seen them yellow and discolor over time. I also think tiny chips are easy to touch up where with CB you are kind of screwed!!! Anyways. My opinion only. I figured if they fit well and dont flap around much damaging the paint it will be good for the drive up and back. Meanwhile, I figured if Tungsten looks OK at least it will be less noticable to spectators on the way... Thank you all again and thank Bonehead for the legit reply! I may even consider getting the black one from Shelby but that would eaven look worst than Tungsten??? Has anyone seen a Tungsten one on? Are they pretty scure and tight fitting at the top of the boobs so they dont flap and scrach my baby?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I can post a bigger version of the pic in my avatar tonight when I get home.

Jeff