Borla Headers?

texasgt

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2005
I've read that some of you have done the Borla muffler, and I think some have removed cats, but has anyone installed the actual headers yet??

I seem to remember that the headers were supposed to unleash substantially more power than just the muffler, but that may be old news.

Anyone have pictures??

Thanks

Mark

texasgt

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2005
Thanks Centerpunch! It looks like these long tube headers effectively replace the stock header AND the cat with one swoop. I wonder if there will be a header that would retain the cats??

Anyone tried them yet? Horsepower? Sound??

centerpunch said:

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
texasgt said:
Thanks Centerpunch! It looks like these long tube headers effectively replace the stock header AND the cat with one swoop. I wonder if there will be a header that would retain the cats??

Anyone tried them yet? Horsepower? Sound??
Based on my research to date; I think the cats are the most restrictive part of the exhaust system by far. Hence, changing the stock headers for some different headers that retain the stock cats may not lead to any performance increases.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
saber said:
Based on my research to date; I think the cats are the most restrictive part of the exhaust system by far. Hence, changing the stock headers for some different headers that retain the stock cats may not lead to any performance increases.

I would absolutely agree. That is why a gutted cat makes sense. But don't expect major power gains.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
In California there is no chance that this set up will pass smog test. You would have to put the stock system back on when going through the smog testing procedure.