Boost/Vacuum gauge

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
The first gauge is installed and working GREAT! For those that want to order one the price is 1100.00 for the complete kit. The kit is plug and play. There is no cutting of and wires or hoses. It is completely reversable back to stock. I'll need to take a deposit to start ordering all the parts for more gauges.
Michael

Attachments

• gt gauge 028 Resized.jpg
    gt gauge 028 Resized.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 301

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
How much work to get it in? Just take the dash front plate off witth all the gauges, or does more of the dash have to come off? How much deposit do you want and where to?

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
Looks good, I am probably in as well. Same questions - how much of dash comes out? No running of wires, i.e. it uses the existing harness? Does it require changing out the existing MAP sensor? Thanks, and let us know the deposit details!

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
install

You'll have to run a small harness of 3 wires to the engine compartment. Remove the rear bulkhead cover, the center consol and the gauge cluster. It took me about 1 hour last night. I made step by step instructions with pictures. 50% deposit. It'll take about 4-5 weeks to assemble everything once I get the group order. You'll use a new MAP sensor.:cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Thanks Freeflyer, Are you running a whipple or pulley? Which MAF are you using - the SCT2800 of the Big MAFIA.. Where does the deposit get sent to?

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
I'm running a pulley and tune with the stock MAF. PM me for deposit details.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
How is this going to work for those with the whipple? We already have to run the diablo Mafia which makes the MAF sensor useless for boost readings.

matt

Aug 25, 2006
How is this going to work for those with the whipple? We already have to run the diablo Mafia which makes the MAF sensor useless for boost readings.

matt

The creator will have to confirm and yet it remains my understanding that what he installed is an isolated system with a separate MAP sensor being used solely for the gauge as such it would be accurate regardless of the changes made i.e. smaller pulley, Whipple, etc

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings,
PM your paypal details or advise how you wish to receive deposit and final payment. Think it will be ready for Indy? Thanks.
Cheers,
daniel
bonyhadi@gmail.com

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
Shadowman is correct, there is a new MAP sensor used soley for the gauge. To all who wish to order a gauge send me a PM and I'll forward my contact info along with where to send the deposit. As I get orders I'll start making gauges. I think the turn around time will be 4 weeks.
Michael

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Michael,

Where does the new MAP sensor plug into the system at?

Matt

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Michael ,

PM Sent

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
Pics sent!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That looks sweet! :cheers

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
Thanks DBK, here is a daytime picture.

Attachments

• gt gauge 015 Resized.jpg
    gt gauge 015 Resized.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 148

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Looks pretty much factory OEM to me....

Damn Nice!!!

JMBLOWNWS6

Oct 28, 2006
So I take it you are using a 3 bar map sensor for this gauge? Looks very nice. With a zero and span of 0 to 5 volts? With 5 volts being @ 30 psi and 0 being @ 30 in hg? I would like to purchase one of these.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Don't forget me:biggrin :thumbsup :biggrin Gotta have one!:banana

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
I'm working on getting the first group out now. Some of parts that I need are on backorder. I'll keep those who already placed orders up to date.
Michael

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The first gauge is installed and working GREAT! For those that want to order one the price is 1100.00 for the complete kit. The kit is plug and play. There is no cutting of and wires or hoses. It is completely reversable back to stock. I'll need to take a deposit to start ordering all the parts for more gauges.
Michael

found you contact data, check your mail box in a couple of days and advise receipt. thanks again Michael!!:thumbsup